Help? Please?

Help? Please?

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

UAF

Help? Please?

Post by UAF »

I know this is not the right forum for this, but I didn't get any reply for more then a day in the Help forum, so I thought I'll ask in the forum of the mod I came here to play.

I have played BA a year or so ago. Since then I changed my computer but I still have the same internet connection.

I downloaded the new Spring engien and lobby, but now I have strange problems, that I suspect to be connection problems.

I connect to the official server, and the server "chatroom" opens and claim that I'm connected. I can also see the list of people connected and running games.
However, I'm not automatically connected to the Main and Newbies channel as I should. I also can't connect to them by using the /j #main command, and when I try /channels the list of channels is empty.

If I try to join a game nothing happens either.

I think this is a specific connection problem with the server, because if I try to connect to test server 2 everything goes smoothly, and the Main and Newbies chatrooms automatically open (of course, I'm the only one on that server...).

Any help would be welcomed.
Also, does anyone know what's the official server's IP so I could ping it?
Is there some port I should open or another firewall settings to set? (Although what kind of setting would act againt the official server but not against test server 2?)

P.S - I can ran a single player game just fine.
caldera

Re: Help? Please?

Post by caldera »

there are at least 3 lobbies which should work atm
-springdownloader
-tasclient
-springlobby

Do you have that problem with all 3?
forest_devil

Post by forest_devil »

if your using springlobby try going to

tools > join channel...
UAF

Post by UAF »

tools > join channel and /channels is the same.
And as I said the lobby is configured to join Main automatically anyway.

I tried using SpringLobby.
I can't really figure out springdownloader but I think it doesn't work either.
And I don't know where to get tasclient. If you can give me a link then I'll try it.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”