Balanced Annihilation V7.12 - Page 4

Balanced Annihilation V7.12

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

ginekolog

Re: Balanced Annihilation V7.12

Post by ginekolog »

Anyone else feels arm Vanguard is very OP? Even in head to head fight they win against most ground units with that massive health.

Just tried 17 kragnets vs 9 vanguards, vanguars won with 6 alive. Since when should arty have so much HP? I say cut their HP in half or to 10k HP to be normal unit.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

i agree... arty shouldnt have that much HP, it just doesnt make sense...

18000hp is a bit too much, maybe 10k would be ok
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Vanguard used to have 10k hp. Then it was buffed to 18k cause nobody seemed to used it. Then apparently it still seemed nobody used it so its weapon got more damage, better accuracy, faster projectile, and heightboostfactor. Now it got a lil range nerf (btw as a side note, with this nerf no mobile unit outranges anni anymore, unless shooting from highground).

It does have more firepower and hp for m/e cost than a bantha.

Vanguards weak points are that it builds so fucking slowly, and moves fucking slowly as well. And that it needs the hugely expensive gantry to build, and the other units from that are pretty wanky.

Its a more interesting unit to finish a drawn out game than most other options though. When you need to do a bit of scouting, protecting, forcefiring micro for it and not just click on enemy base.

Edit: damn apparently it got a better speed too at some point which i missed^^
Last edited by JohannesH on 13 Mar 2010, 10:37, edited 1 time in total.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Still, a unit that outpowers a Bantha _and_ is all-terrain and long-ranged like that.... yeah, that's kind of wrongish.
Yuri

Post by Yuri »

Agree with revert to 10k HP :)
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Nerf Bladewings plz.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Vans are tough as steel
Zonk

Post by Zonk »

JAZCASH wrote:Nerf Bladewings plz.
http://replays.adune.nl/?2367

spamming 1con/1janus/2samtrucks - with take. So basically a sam-truck army.
Still got pwned by blades + comdrop. D:

And yes, I know this can happen easily when you manually target them... but I hit "S" every time the blades came so they would stop targeting other units. Still got pwned.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

There are many reasons why BladeWings are OP.
  • They are cheap
  • They build very fast
  • They Move very fast
  • They stun units pretty fast
  • They require AA in order to be killed
  • They can even EMP AA if there isn't over 9000 AA units
  • They can move fast enough to dodge any fighters or AA
  • They force the enemy into spamming AA and therefore losing an awful lot of potential metal that could've been spent on land units
  • They easily stop any surprise raids unaided with a bunch of AA units they basically counter raids
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

They force the enemy into spamming AA and therefore losing an awful lot of potential metal that could've been spent on land units
hmm true. but if we nerf it, then it is again useless :D

maybe we need to boost the HP and make it more expensive and slower to build?

atm its kinda like a scout unit that costs nothing and you just throw it somewhere and not care about it...

i agree, they are a bitch, if you are running in enemy base on DSD, and they see it in the halfway, they have enough time to spam enough bladewings to stop all your army :D unless you spam fucking much AA with your units, which is unlikely.

i think it would be good if the stun didnt stop the units from shooting, but only stop them from moving... then it wouldnt be OP at all, and we wouldnt have to change the bladewing cost at all.
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

Here is the MT-fixed LUPS. Would be very nice to see this included in next BA version.
Attachments
lupsfix.zip
(22.6 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Zonk

Post by Zonk »

TradeMark wrote:i agree, they are a bitch, if you are running in enemy base on DSD, and they see it in the halfway, they have enough time to spam enough bladewings to stop all your army :D unless you spam fucking much AA with your units, which is unlikely.
See also, my replay... my main army was AA.
TradeMark wrote:i think it would be good if the stun didnt stop the units from shooting, but only stop them from moving... then it wouldnt be OP at all, and we wouldnt have to change the bladewing cost at all.
Then they'd be useless vs defenses of all kind.
maybe we need to boost the HP and make it more expensive and slower to build?
Ye, much better suggestion.

Or:
Double the rate of fire on all T1 AA while halfing the damage (= dps stays the same) and give bladewings half of theyr current health.

It would make AA more lethal to bladewings while keeping bladewings useful. Its just super annoying if you actually remember to bring AA with ur troops (or even have a army made up of AA - did i mention that yet?) - and still get pwned by bladewings.

I think the current nature of bladewings would stay the way it is right now with those changes - theyr extremely useful for stopping a hoard of flash without AA racing towards ur base and they still would do that job just fine after those changes. They'd just be alot less useful vs stuff thats protected by AA.

The only thing that can really deal with them right now are mobile flak and fighters.
Even T2 AA bots dont have a easy time vs blades, I think theyr barely cost efficent vs blades (about 1:1 or so).
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

Samsons and Slashers are not AA!!! they have tracking weapons convenient for both but thats it.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Edit:
Wrote something but than realized it wont make a difference.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

zerver wrote:Here is the MT-fixed LUPS. Would be very nice to see this included in next BA version.
Please add this soon, TFC.
MT is very nice and stable lately, and essential for FFA.
Gota

Post by Gota »

I play Throne FFA lie anybody else and i use the regular Spring...Seems to be ok.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

zerver wrote:Here is the MT-fixed LUPS. Would be very nice to see this included in next BA version.
Where do I put these sorry?
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

JAZCASH wrote:
Where do I put these sorry?
Get this package with hacked exe + fixed ba.
http://www.springfiles.com/show_file.php?id=2560
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Zonk wrote:
TradeMark wrote:i think it would be good if the stun didnt stop the units from shooting, but only stop them from moving... then it wouldnt be OP at all, and we wouldnt have to change the bladewing cost at all.
Then they'd be useless vs defenses of all kind.
yes but what if the stun time was increased to something longer like 1minute?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Noruas wrote:Samsons and Slashers are not AA!!!
lol'd

decreasing vans accuracy is good nerf i think... and if u say 18k is too much, but 10k used to be not enough either, lets try 14k first, with worse accuracy

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”