More feedback is needed when you receive units.

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

There's currently no feedback at all when a teammate gives you units - either a t2 con or all his units when he resigns. The end result is that he either has to tell you and place a point there (a hassle that's easy to forget) or the unit goes unused for possibly a very long time.

This should be solvable with a relatively simple widget.

(does CA already have it?) ;)
Jazcash

Re: More feedback is needed when you receive units.

Post by Jazcash »

I propose a flashing screen with the words "I GAVE YOU A CONSTRUCTION UNIT MOTHERFUCKER."
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

Thought of a way this can be nicely integrated into the UI so this will be in soon.

(As an aside maybe a 'give this unit to an enemy but if they don't order it in 15 seconds return it to me' option would be neat.)
lurker

Post by lurker »

I was just thinking about this yesterday after making an interesting discovery. You could edit your spring to not send stop orders when giving units to allies (gives to enemies have stops applied by the receiver). This would be very nice ingame, but could use a good notification in case of someone trying to leech a con or similar. I think it's worthwhile to change spring to be able to give a unit with orders intact, what do you think?
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

lurker wrote:I was just thinking about this yesterday after making an interesting discovery. You could edit your spring to not send stop orders when giving units to allies (gives to enemies have stops applied by the receiver). This would be very nice ingame, but could use a good notification in case of someone trying to leech a con or similar. I think it's worthwhile to change spring to be able to give a unit with orders intact, what do you think?
Great idea, just have an extra check box. Although, I'm thinking the entire share dialog / process should be revamped / updated.

edit: Wait, so if you share to allies, those stops aren't applied by your allies?
TheFatController

It may cause more problems than it solves, as you could steal buildpower and make it look like an ally commited friendly fire and such.

The option would be nice however as a checkbox so you auto-stop allies orders in the same way as you currently auto-stop enemies (default checked in spring.)
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

lurker wrote:I was just thinking about this yesterday after making an interesting discovery. You could edit your spring to not send stop orders when giving units to allies (gives to enemies have stops applied by the receiver). This would be very nice ingame, but could use a good notification in case of someone trying to leech a con or similar. I think it's worthwhile to change spring to be able to give a unit with orders intact, what do you think?
So i could give the enemy some energy and metal stealing monstrosity? Sounds like fun count me in.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

YokoZar wrote:(does CA already have it?) ;)
Voices widget will tell you "Units transferred" and Advanced Playerlist will place points on all given units if you used it to share (double click on the tank icon to transfer selected units).
lurker

Post by lurker »

BaNa wrote:
lurker wrote:allies
enemy

What's the point of pretending any ally friendly fired? And you could share quickly after they fire right now.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Use adv player list
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

lurker wrote:
BaNa wrote:
lurker wrote:allies
enemy

What's the point of pretending any ally friendly fired? And you could share quickly after they fire right now.

hey wow i really and truly missed the part in the brackets.
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

lua widget auto add point
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

dont share stuff to useless, blind idiots... u save res, time and nerves
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

At the very least a message would be nice "X Gave you N units". But then again, some guys will miss repeated markers.
ChaosMonkey

Post by ChaosMonkey »

i have a widget what places a point on whatever allies share to me and it says 'You have recieved a unit' and things flash.. it couldn't be much more obvious.
Just download it if you think you don't get enough "feedback"
TheFatController

A change did go into the most recent update to address this, hope it helps a bit (uses a modified version of the point tracker widget).

One thing that'd be cool would be a share function that took the units back if they were not used within 15 seconds or so, i'll probably add this in for next version.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

gosh, girls looking for problems... only total noobs are the one who cant notice 7498374950 dots with same color as they got... problem is their stupidity and blindness, not a game... epic point spam when someone takes is already annoying enough. u make someone con and he doesnt take it ? just reclaim -.-

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”