What's your build order?

What's your build order?

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Super Mario

What's your build order?

Post by Super Mario »

I keep getting stalls, so whats your order.
hunterw

Re: What's your build order?

Post by hunterw »

3 mex 2 solar then a lab
Hacked

Post by Hacked »

i usually go with 3 solars if i decided to use bots
then fleas to scout, peewee for the heck of it, con, and spam rockos
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Map adapt. It all depends, usually Solar + Mex x A + Wind x A -where A is the number of starting metal spots- in team games, but it really depends on the map values. In 1v1 I tend toward Solar as I use them to shield more crucial buildings.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

mex, solar, lab, 10 cons and t2 lab for fus ! and u roll them boi !
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

At what point do you stall?

2 solars before veh lab, 3rd solar before 1st con.

Or with 1 mex only 1 solar before lab
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

hunterw wrote:3 mex 2 solar then a lab
This can energy-stall if your 3 mexes are really close to eachother, so sometimes I'll go 2 mex, 1 solar, 1 mex, 1 solar, lab. Check what your teammates are doing, and if it looks like one will bleed energy to the team (eg by having to walk a long way or building 3 solars before their third mex) then you can put the third mex up early.

This also, by the way, is why it's really annoying when players start with an energy storage. In that first minute it doesn't do anything other than slow down the teammates by forcing them to make their own separate energy sooner.

Hunterw pointed out that it may be worth starting with solars even on very high wind maps due to their faster build time. I agree with him now, especially because the solars can be reclaimed (at 100% efficiency) and replaced with wind/whatever later.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Almost always: 3 mex, 2 solar, kbot lab, 2 ak, solar, con, con assists lab for 1 more con that also assist lab, then another solar, walk boy out, then another con. Then lab on hold position, then 5 storm, 1 ak, 1 necro, 1 con on repeat.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Beherith wrote:Almost always: 3 mex, 2 solar, kbot lab, 2 ak, solar, con, con assists lab for 1 more con that also assist lab, then another solar, walk boy out, then another con. Then lab on hold position, then 5 storm, 1 ak, 1 necro, 1 con on repeat.
THREE MEX TWO SOLARS AND A LAB
GOT ALL MY SKILLZ FROM PLAYIN' ON "TAB"
Wisse

Post by Wisse »

First I hit "i" and then decide on build order according to wind speed.

In general 3 mex 2 solars start works rly nice. When you finish lab start making wind or solar, couse it takes shitloads of time for lab to open anyway, so your boi can do something useful in meantime.

On small maps or small games (1v1s) that kind of start usually fails hard couse it's too slow. In that case you have to adapt build order every time map changes :]
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

I usually dont start building while lab opens, i want units asap. But I move comm to better position while it opens.
HectorMeyer

Post by HectorMeyer »

I usually make sure I have 5 or more solars right after the lab. EStore is a nice bonus. If I guard the lab with the comm I need the E anyway, if I walk to front with comm I need reserves for dgun. Also, getting up HLTs or jammers is almost impossible with less solars - I see noobs doing it all the time while estalling like crazy. I also came to appreciate the fact that building solars costs no energy.

edit: I also tend to leave trails of solars behind while my comm makes its way towards the DSD basin. I hate getting caught with no energy in the phase between the early/middle game.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Depends on the map, windspeeds, faction and which tactics I want to use.

I think the start queue I use most often is:

3 mex, 2 solar, veh lab, 4 scouts, 1 con (I assist the con until I E stall), solar, spam scouts until con has grabbed 1 mex, then another con to expand/grab wrecks then flash on repeat ^_^

My most common bot start on a windy map is:

3 mex, 2-3 wind, bot lab, 1 wind, 2 fleas, 1-2 wind whilst con is building, once first con is done, expand with com and make 2 more cons and spam rocko/pw combination.

But tbh I don't really ever do the same start more than twice I suppose. I'm always varying it and trying out new queues.
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

HectorMeyer wrote:edit: I also tend to leave trails of solars behind while my comm makes its way towards the DSD basin. I hate getting caught with no energy in the phase between the early/middle game.
This is a sign of bad teamwork. A back player should be giving you solars built in a safer position so your comm can push more easily without risking the solars getting raided.
[TS]Lollocide

Post by [TS]Lollocide »

YokoZar wrote:This is a sign of bad teamwork. A back player should be giving you solars built in a safer position so your comm can push more easily without risking the solars getting raided.
HectorMeyer wrote:edit: I also tend to leave trails of solars behind while my comm makes its way towards the DSD basin. I hate getting caught with no energy in the phase between the early/middle game.
dsd =/= teamwork.
pintle

Post by pintle »

[TS]Lollocide wrote:
YokoZar wrote:This is a sign of bad teamwork. A back player should be giving you solars built in a safer position so your comm can push more easily without risking the solars getting raided.
dsd =/= teamwork.
Best DsD BO is 2+ coms humping 1 airlab, first cb's 2nd drops and reclaims both corpses, spams flash or w/e.

DSD can be ended in 10 mins if you have decent teamwork amongst 2 players or more, and basin noobs dont fail.
babbles

Post by babbles »

pintle wrote:
[TS]Lollocide wrote:
dsd =/= teamwork.
Best DsD BO is 2+ coms humping 1 airlab, first cb's 2nd drops and reclaims both corpses, spams flash or w/e.

DSD can be ended in 10 mins if you have decent teamwork amongst 2 players or more, and basin noobs dont fail.
Proven vs "pros" >_>
[TS]Lollocide

Post by [TS]Lollocide »

pintle wrote: Best DsD BO is 2+ coms humping 1 airlab, first cb's 2nd drops and reclaims both corpses, spams flash or w/e.

Of course a coordinated pair can win, but as I said before, dsd rarely if ever has teamwork that isn't 4 of the same clan working together or smurfs working for the betterment of trolling research.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

morty rush <33
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

CarRepairer wrote:
Beherith wrote:Almost always: 3 mex, 2 solar, kbot lab, 2 ak, solar, con, con assists lab for 1 more con that also assist lab, then another solar, walk boy out, then another con. Then lab on hold position, then 5 storm, 1 ak, 1 necro, 1 con on repeat.
THREE MEX TWO SOLARS AND A LAB
GOT ALL MY SKILLZ FROM PLAYIN' ON "TAB"
You're forgiven for past grievances.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”