Replacing the models with something beautiful and free - Page 6

Replacing the models with something beautiful and free

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Jazcash

Re: Replacing the models with something beautiful and free

Post by Jazcash »

Super Mario wrote:Are there any process with this project at all?
Progress? No, I can't see this even happening with BA. I don't think it's nessecery. Nobody cares about our small little project until it gets big ^_^
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Caydr wrote:Why is CA even called CA? It's incomplete and it has nothing to do with * Annihilation. Get your own name, freaking barnacles.
Complete means complete overhal, complete approach, hollistic: Not just a balance mod, a complete redesign. Also, it actually makes sense, in that its a synonym for Total.

Barnacle yourself, all your stuff is from OTA, even the name, at least we're creating some new content (Which this project is free to use, getting back on track).
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

If it's a complete overhaul, it's not Total Annihilation anymore, so get a new name. It's getting pretty ridiculous with all these Annihilations around. That's what my point is, not that CA is a bad mod necessarily, just that it's clinging on to something which it by definition has no association with.

All my stuff is from TA (for now), which is why I'm keeping the name (for now). Were I to do a complete overhaul, I would of course do the sensible thing and change the name.

This would be like if I made a mod about running a bakery and called it "Gundam RTS Extreme".
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

They TRY to have no association with TA, but thats still some ways in the future... It is a complete overhaul, but a complete overhaul of TA. Would be retarded to pretend to be not TA-derivative when still using cavedog content... When everythings replaced change name maybe.
Master-Athmos

Post by Master-Athmos »

@Caydr:
It has "historic" reasons. In the beginning CA was pretty much just another TA mod. With time passing by it more and more started to completely depart from the TA "ruleset" and currently it's something "inspired by TA" at its best. Changing its name often was a topic and I have to say I don't really know why it hasn't happened yet (factions have new names anyway). It most certainly will happen at some point though...
Stealth870

Post by Stealth870 »

If we could just clone a couple of Mr.D's, genetically modifying half of them to be Armplayers instead of Core, and the (BA) world would be a better place. :lol:
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

lets steal nota ships... there will be no reason left to play this mod = nice ships and moar players for ba.
Gedanken

Post by Gedanken »

Wombat wrote:lets steal nota ships... there will be no reason left to play this mod = nice ships and moar players for ba.
Yeah NOTA ships are the bee's knees. The issue would be adjusting from NOTA scale to BA scale.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”