BA Chicken Defense V2.56 (BA7.81) - Page 4

BA Chicken Defense V2.56 (BA7.81)

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

TradeMark

Re: BA Chicken Defense V1.22 (BA631)

Post by TradeMark »

yeah i want corpses too, not eggs, they look stupid :p
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

I'm thinking it should look like a cicada husk, which looks like this if you've never seen one http://flickr.com/photos/cryptonaut/2699358093/ They shed their skin and leave these gross looking outer shells behind.
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

The main problems with corpses is lag, that I can't model and that it may make it too easy.. my main issue is lag.. I do agree it would be really cool if some chickens turned on their backs and kicked their legs in the air and shrivelled up (ie assault chickens).

Possibly if this was triggered say 5% of the time and corpses only lasted 60 seconds for example that would cut out on lag and difficulty, but i'd still need the models..

My final plan for survival is to have an ongoing chicken coins system that you can use to buy special units (ie free turrets and some units that arent in BA currently) and bonuses, these will just be automatically awarded for killing mini waves.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

TheFatController wrote:The main problems with corpses is lag, that I can't model and that it may make it too easy.. my main issue is lag.. I do agree it would be really cool if some chickens turned on their backs and kicked their legs in the air and shrivelled up (ie assault chickens).

Possibly if this was triggered say 5% of the time and corpses only lasted 60 seconds for example that would cut out on lag and difficulty, but i'd still need the models..
Have you considered doing something similar to the FPS Manager widget in CA and BA, except using the performance data to make less chickens spawn? (Less chickens, but bigger types to keep the difficulty the same)
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

el_matarife wrote:
TheFatController wrote:The main problems with corpses is lag, that I can't model and that it may make it too easy.. my main issue is lag.. I do agree it would be really cool if some chickens turned on their backs and kicked their legs in the air and shrivelled up (ie assault chickens).

Have you considered doing something similar to the FPS Manager widget in CA and BA, except using the performance data to make less chickens spawn? (Less chickens, but bigger types to keep the difficulty the same)
That is a fucking epic idea man. I got lagged out real hard last game on GF v very hard.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

good idea, but instead of spawning bigger(and that way harder units), would be better to just change their stats to more strong, so for example they would equal 10 units instead of 1. But those walking bombs stats shouldnt be changed...
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

TradeMark wrote: But those walking bombs stats shouldnt be changed...
They're called dodo's
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

yeah dodods

why isnt new version posted here, even when its found at jobjol.nl:
http://spring.jobjol.nl/show_file.php?id=1497
TheFatController

1.32 Changelog
- First wave is now not twice as long as the others
- Raised default grace period a bit as people are used to the double length purple waves.
- Added three new chickens (Bombardier, Weaver, Claw)
- Bombardier has a flamethrower (does more damage at close range) & combat autorepairs
- Weaver heals ally chickens and has a small emp blast on death
- Claw is what the Talon used to be
- Talon is now a chicken bomber
- fixed some chickens special damages vs air that had the wrong tag
- Lobbers reload increased + less of them (to reduce lag and make the end game less about them)
- Lobbers now become enraged and charge when damaged
- Tweaks to wave patterns to include new chickens
- Less dodo shards, more death explosion, more hp
- Increased damage of plasma turrets vs chickens even more
- Queen attack code improved + no longer spawns in your base
- Queen HP now lower as she has healers, some scripting improvements also raise her DPS.
- Increased chicken EXP bonuses
- Turrets now excluded from chicken count, lowered default max chicken count to make up for this.
- Burrow limit default lowered, as chickens should generally be harder now.
+ Many More tweaks & upgrades & lua errors!

Download: http://spring.jobjol.nl/show_file.php?id=1499
TheFatController

Re: BA Chicken Defense V1.32 (BA641)

I need feedback:

Is queen now too easy/hard?
Do the chicken pyros work at all/too well?
Do you prefer less lobbers at the end?
Are the healers doing their job?
Do Flying chickens do their job better now? (ie killing you without being op)
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

Some feedback without playing the new version, based on the old:

Queens suck v krowspam. Their built in aa does not do a krowspam justice.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

BaNa wrote: Queens suck v krowspam. Their built in aa does not do a krowspam justice.
Just a guess, this is probably a problem with BA itself, massed Krows seem to be WAYYYYY too powerful and are a very popular strategy on metal maps right now.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

el_matarife wrote:
BaNa wrote: Queens suck v krowspam. Their built in aa does not do a krowspam justice.
Just a guess, this is probably a problem with BA itself, massed Krows seem to be WAYYYYY too powerful and are a very popular strategy on metal maps right now.
Then solve it the BA way :D

WE NEED MOAR SPECIAL DAMAGES
TheFatController

BaNa wrote:Some feedback without playing the new version, based on the old:
Play the new version first :?
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

TheFatController wrote:
BaNa wrote:Some feedback without playing the new version, based on the old:
Play the new version first :?
I will when i have time to play spring at all.
TheFatController

1.33 Changelog
- Changed some of the chicken panel GUI to make it less cluttered
- Light air chickens (Claws) are now more numerous (in the air wave) and weaker
- Less assault chickens in the air wave
- Enraged Lobbers are tougher
- Raised Queen HP slightly
- Removed special damages vs gunships from queens weapons
- Queen can now become resistant to weapons after enough damage, you'll get a message in chat when this starts, this is to make it harder to defeat her using only 30 krows etc.
- Raised buildtime on the Bombardiers so they can no longer be instantly reclaimed

Download: http://spring.jobjol.nl/show_file.php?id=1508
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

TheFatController wrote:1.33 Changelog
- Queen can now become resistant to weapons after enough damage, you'll get a message in chat when this starts, this is to make it harder to defeat her using only 30 krows etc.
So this means any strategy relying on massing one unit whether it be snipers, krows, Januses, etc is now worthless or just a whole lot harder to pull off?
TheFatController

el_matarife wrote:
TheFatController wrote:1.33 Changelog
So this means any strategy relying on massing one unit whether it be snipers, krows, Januses, etc is now worthless or just a whole lot harder to pull off?
It just means say if you only have Krows the queen will effectively have a lot more HP (hard to work out exactly how much more, at least double)
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

TheFatController wrote: It just means say if you only have Krows the queen will effectively have a lot more HP (hard to work out exactly how much more, at least double)
So basically unless you mix a few different units the queen will have almost double the HP?
TheFatController

Re: BA Chicken Defense V1.33 (BA641)

el_matarife wrote:
TheFatController wrote: It just means say if you only have Krows the queen will effectively have a lot more HP (hard to work out exactly how much more, at least double)
So basically unless you mix a few different units the queen will have almost double the HP?
Yeah basically, this is due to the fact that on a lot of big games the queen doesn't even make it to the players defenses (lines of doomsdays put a huge dent in her too).

I plan for next release to solve the queen problem by turning queen difficulty into a mod option, so you can play Easy with a Very Hard queen if you prefer. Each difficulty will be a different unit and have different attributes allowing better scalability, also the Very Hard Queen will be near impossible :p

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”