IceUI - Page 6

IceUI

Discuss Lua based Spring scripts (LuaUI widgets, mission scripts, gaia scripts, mod-rules scripts, scripted keybindings, etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Wow, this looks very nice, but it drops my FPS from 200 to 11. I guess there is some conflict against other widgets im using.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

The FPS drop seems massive here, and I'm not on a low-end computer. Pretty nice though.

Edit: trying to resize something to outside the screen makes it disappear, which is pretty annoying if you want stuff on the edge of the screen.
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

My FPS remains about the same with this on, dunno why everyone else is having such horrible decreases with it. Perhaps its the way individual video cards handle a certain aspect of drawing it? Like outlining or somthing?
Mines a BFG GeForce 7600GT 256mb btw.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

It's probably not an issue with the graphics card but something else.
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Post by [KnoX]ElementalGizmo »

Are there any plans on making a widget that makes it possible for "formation ai" to be set as default right click? I do like the ai, but as it is, needs development imo. What i find is that im forced to select a group to ai, and then form a formation, witch takes time & it seems to stop working after a while.....am i using it wrong?
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

It doesn't seem to like team changing...
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Doesnt seem to like much of anything dude, i fail to see why it should be set to ai instead of being able to be right click default drag move. Coding aside thats how i feel it should be ingame, man even Rise of Nations does that and thats sucky as hell! But interface as interesting....bla bla...

PLEASE someone who knows LUA do this! It will improve game pay significantly!
MelTraX

Post by MelTraX »

ZellSF wrote:It doesn't seem to like team changing...
I assume you're talking about my UI and not the formation thingy.. If that's the case, I'm aware of it.. :-)

Just a little status update: I have to hand in some stuff for Uni in a week that will keep me busy until then.. Afterwards I have another 2 weeks of holidays where I will continue my work on the GUI..

I have no idea when the next Spring release will be but since trepan made his major commit two days ago I won't be doing stuff with the old API anymore.. Long story short: Next release of IceUI will be after next Spring release.

FYI: The next big thing will probably be the options window in Tweak Mode (ie toggle names for chat messages) and along with that hopefully the saving of all the stuff that can be changed ingame..
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

I assume you're talking about my UI and not the formation thingy..
PHail! i am talking about the formation thingy dude :cry:

Still good to hear more lua goodies will be developed, im more than happy to wait; obviously soon rather than later preferred lol. But please if you do something with formations PLEASE :!:
MelTraX

Post by MelTraX »

Dude.. I was quoting ZellSF because there seemed to be a miss-understanding between you two ;) ..

And Gizmo, I don't know if you know but when you press Ctrl or Alt while giving orders the formation stays in tact.. Of course that's not quite the same but if you didn't know it yet maybe it makes you a bit happier ;)..
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

oooooooooow well that will help yeah :P Jesus ive been this for well over a year n i didnt know that! roflmao!

(still think visible formation should be default right click n drag)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

So no option to move thigns without enterign tweak mode?

Option A:

enter tweak mode
move panel
exit tweak mode

Option B:

move panel

Some people may prefer option A for aesthetic reaons but A gives a 300% increase in user wear and tear, and ontop of that, it requires you to use the keyboard which makes that even worse,a swella s not providing a logical obvious route to tweaking the UI.

Its horrific user interface design, and its a HCI disaster. and it should be on/off-able at the very least.
MelTraX

Post by MelTraX »

Dude.. READ! I already said that I'll make optional titlebars.. And if you don't wanna use my GUI, just don't..
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

When you do your title bars I suggest adding a lock icon to them to lock/unlock windows one by one (mouse1) or all at once, perhaps (mouse2), and some way to reset the window positions (mouse3).

I hate it when I accidentally move windows around.
MelTraX

Post by MelTraX »

That shouldn't be a problem but it seems like a bit overkill.. I will make the titlebars toggable in Tweak-Mode for either all windows or a single window (just like all other options, for example color)..

But this is some time in the future anyway because I won't touch titlebars until everything important is working (like changing/saving options, fixed aspect ratios, optional snapping of windows [not that important I admit], ...).
tooleh

Post by tooleh »

Out of interest, howcome there's nowhere to download this?

I really want to play with it - the UI is something that makes spring feel botched or amateur and this could really improve it!
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

It was a temporary file on Unknown Files. It's been removed for a while now. I'm not even sure if Meltrax is still developing this. (NEWGUI MONSTERS OHNOES)
If you want somthing like this, try the IceXuick Resource bar, tooltip, and player info widgets. They can be found on UF.
MelTraX

Post by MelTraX »

I have to admit that I wasn't that active the last weeks.. But I will continue work and I'm making my current version compatible to any SVN changes..

But because Trepan is working hard on the Lua stuff and changes most stuff, I won't release anything new for the current Spring version..

I just uploaded the "current" version of my IceUI so it is available for download.. Note that there are no new important features..

Click picture for download link.

I also edited the first post to reflect the changes.

edit: updated link to the working version
Last edited by MelTraX on 07 May 2007, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
tooleh

Post by tooleh »

Upload is broken :o

What do the latest SVN versions of spring change?
MelTraX

Post by MelTraX »

Thx for telling me that the file was broken.. Sorry for that.. New version is up and tested ;)..

If you are interested in the SVN changes, take a look at the SVN log and especially at the Lua changelog but I'm not sure if Trepan keeps it up-to-date..

Return to “Lua Scripts”