Shadows problems (*FIXED*)

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

Slamoid

Post by Slamoid »

Ok, I installed Ubuntu and the drivers for my GeForce 6200, everything ran great. Installed a bunch 'o crap, and now mysteriously my shadows are messed up in spring!!!! I installed the Windows version with wine, and IT'S shadows are messed up too! WTF?

Has anyone else experienced this, or is it just me!? VERY ANNOYING!

[Edit] This problem was fixed by installing the *Official* drivers from Nvidia, not the ones in the standard repository, using the Envy download/installer in Nvidia mode.
Last edited by Slamoid on 27 Mar 2007, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

What is messed up? (screenshot?)

Didn't update drivers on linux & windows in between?
Slamoid

Post by Slamoid »

The shadows aren't updating very often. When the camera or a unit moves, it looks like the shadow is following, but not being erased. Then some angles, the shadows are covering all the terrain, but none of the units.

I'm running Ubuntu 6.10 /w Gnome, and Beryl turned off through a GeForce 6200 using closed-source drivers.
trepan
Former Engine Dev

Post by trepan »

I had the same problems when I had a loaner nv6200,
didn't bother debugging it as it was quickly replaced with
a nv7900.
Slamoid

Post by Slamoid »

Well, reinstall isn't really an option for me right now, I'm still trying to get this to work right, if anyone wants to be of help: If you have a GeForce 6200 and are running any Linux and have Spring running shadows just fine, please post your driver version and your Xorg.conf file plz!!! I hope this can get solved...

Return to “Linux”