new linux install guide? - Page 2

new linux install guide?

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

kolben

Re: new linux install guide?

Post by kolben »

new round in installing spring.

my mint mate grew old, and there were no new updates for this old version of mint mate, so today i set up a new linux installation.
this time: linux mint debian edition, based on debian testing, so it should run for some more years.

after installing LMDE i installed the nvidia driver with:
sudo apt-get install nvidia-kernel-dkms nvidia-glx build-essential nvidia-settings nvidia-xconfig libgl1-nvidia-glx-i386 libgl1-nvidia-glx
and called
nvidia-xconfig
one time, then the first reboot.

then there was a little issue with nvidia, due to plymouth splash screen (dunno why, but this solved the issue) :
sudo gedit /etc/default/grub
remove "splash" from the instruction string.
sudo update-grub

second reboot
LMDE is up and running.

new on the dependency list:
git and openjdk-6-jdk (first for fetching sources, latter for AI (i guess) )

and then there was a new problem:
cmake could not find the freetype directory.
after some googling i stumbled over a bugreport of cmake 2.8.12, resolved in ubuntu, but not in debian testing. freetype has changed something, and debian's testing cmake could not find it.

so i downloaded, compiled and installed the brand new cmake 3.0.1.

then i only needed to disable some backward cmake compatibility of unit tests in spring sources and

wow - spring is compiling! a toddler could do that :D

full list of packages:
git openjdk-6-jdk build-essential zlib1g-dev libfreetype6-dev cmake libsdl1.2-dev libopenal-dev libglew-dev zip libvorbis-dev libxcursor-dev libdevil-dev libboost-dev libboost-thread-dev libboost-regex-dev libboost-serialization-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-signals-dev libwxgtk2.8-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libalure-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libnotify-dev asciidoc docbook-xsl libsdl2-dev
libftgl-dev ftgl-dev libfontconfig1-dev
kolben

Re: new linux install guide?

Post by kolben »

what a fail.

i compiled spring engine;
i compiled springlobby;
installed both.

startet springlobby, clicked on a game to join, and springlobby downloaded spring version 96, the BA mod and the map.
and i wasted two hours to compile spring 97 XD

:D

Return to “Linux”