Mageia 3 packaging - Page 2

Mageia 3 packaging

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

abma
Spring Developer

Re: Mageia 3 packaging

Post by abma »

i guess you compile with boost 1.50?

Code: Select all

cd AI/Skirmish/E323AI
git pull
git reset --hard origin/master
should fix this issue...
Last edited by abma on 29 Nov 2012, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
gajop

Post by gajop »

je suis desole mais je ne parles pas francais.
can you please post the entire log, not just those lines

hint: see how arch linux does it, it may help:

https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit ... ges/spring
especially line 28 here:
https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit ... ges/spring

EDIT:
Me and abma are giving you two different instructions:
1) abma is giving you the git (current updates) instructions
2) i am giving you the current online-capable stable instructions
The instructions (patches and git stuff) only apply to one course of action.
JoeChip

Post by JoeChip »

Found a simplier way to do : just unpack linux binaries, tell to springlobby where they are, and it's done...
JoeChip

Post by JoeChip »

"No compatible installed spring version has been found, this server requires version: 91 Your Current installed versions are: 91.0.1-532-gb8d5d6e0 develop. Online play is currently disabled."
I just need the currently used by the server version, if somebody knows where I can find or how I can make a vanilla 91 version, without hexa and "develop"... Not sure someone somewhere knows...

Is there someone somewhere who is playng Spring under linux, or does everybody use win ? Would be fun to have an open-source game community using only win...
JoeChip

Post by JoeChip »

http://pkgs.org/download/spring

Unpack in your user directory, tell to springlobby where are spring and unitsync.so. Play online.
JoeChip

Post by JoeChip »

;-( nope don't work : now springlobby doesn't complain about Spring version, but when I try to play that doesn't work... I try during 1 1/2 hour again...
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

do you get an error message? what doesn't work?

attaching infolog.txt maybe helps...
JoeChip

Post by JoeChip »

I finally found someone ready to package spring for mageia, he got this : http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/uploads/fai ... 125205.log

When I try to do like I said before, when I start spring from springlobby, springlobby sends a "spring : file not found" error. Obviously the installation is not clean by just unpacking the zip.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

/home/iurt/rpmbuild/BUILD/spring_91.0/AI/Skirmish/E323AI/CScopedTimer.h:39:31: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant
thats what abma already fixed, and told you how to get the fixed code, i think.
JoeChip

Post by JoeChip »

Spring 0.91 has finally been packaged by a Mageia member and is now available for Mageia 3 users. The difficulty was (for me) :
cd AI/Skirmish/E323AI
git pull
1) before that i'm told to take the "tarball"
2) it's not said that this git manipulation is to get a patch, so I didn't know if it's related to the tarball or not.
3) it's really not easy to understand that sources published as "master 0.91 version" can't compile, and that "it's not me".

I find it strange that one must manually manage the code to have the application available ; imho when you commit a stable version, it should be propagated whithout human action. I go on learning, and will try to get it or make it, at least for Mageia.
gajop

Post by gajop »

JoeChip wrote:Spring 0.91 has finally been packaged by a Mageia member and is now available for Mageia 3 users. The difficulty was (for me) :
cd AI/Skirmish/E323AI
git pull
1) before that i'm told to take the "tarball"
2) it's not said that this git manipulation is to get a patch, so I didn't know if it's related to the tarball or not.
3) it's really not easy to understand that sources published as "master 0.91 version" can't compile, and that "it's not me".
As clearly stated before you were given two different set of instructions depending on what goal you wanted to achieve. For the rest see below:
JoeChip wrote: I find it strange that one must manually manage the code to have the application available ; imho when you commit a stable version, it should be propagated whithout human action.
Iirc, the bug was in a specific version of a 3rd library. That error manifested itself because multiple 3rd party libraries with intertwined dependencies created namespace conflicts. That's why people who packaged it for other distros had a patch ready to deal with it (which was in the link I gave you, so you could've played online).

offtopic: I'm thinking of trying Mageia with KDE on my work and maybe mother's PC. Will check out spring eventually (maybe this month :p).
JoeChip

Post by JoeChip »

Ok thanks for the explications and the help of anyone who took time to try to help or even thought about trying ; the best game on the best OS = the best fun with a computer :D

BA is the real game, everything else is just toys :)
ZPC2THLgate

Post by ZPC2THLgate »

I did it :( it seems i'm unsync when ingame.

Last edited by ZPC2THLgate on 13 Jul 2013, 10:18, edited 1 time in total.
JoeChip

Post by JoeChip »

There is now a "static binaries" Spring you can download there : http://springrts.com/wiki/Download and unpack in your user folder and use as is :)

I can't get why Spring devs don't make a RPM package, and I did have no time to learn to do it. One (you ?) can be packager for Mageia, to include the last versions of Spring & lobby in the official repo. If you want to do it, write to Mageia team, and please make a standalone RPM or a bin so any user of any linux can easily install.

Cya on DSD...

Return to “Linux”