Errors compiling on Fedora 8

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

lurker

Post by lurker »

The AIs all compile perfectly, but trying spring itself spams this set of warnings for each file and linking gives these errors. I'm stumped. The warnings could be unrelated, but it seems doubtful.

gcc version 4.1.2 20070925 (Red Hat 4.1.2-33)
Linus

Re: Errors compiling on Fedora 8

Post by Linus »

I also get those compiler warnings on Fedora 8 (same gcc version), but never encountered any linking errors, so I guess they're not related.
malric

Post by malric »

Could you check streflop library is built ? For example you could do:

Code: Select all

nm rts/lib/streflop/streflop.a  | grep _ZN13streflop_libm6__sinfEf
and you should see something like:

Code: Select all

00000000 T _ZN13streflop_libm6__sinfEf
That would mean that function `streflop_libm::__sinf(float)' is defined in streflop.a.
lurker

Post by lurker »

That's one of the first things I checked. I probably should have mentioned that this checkout compiles perfectly under windows.

Edit: Hmm, I see that this the streflop libs are compiled locally; maybe even though scons is claiming they are fine, maybe it's just checking if they exist, forgetting the oversight about putting compiled files outside of /build/, and that's breaking everything. Still, nm under fedora reported happy results. I'll test this later.
lurker

Post by lurker »

It's apparently not compiling on windows now either. I clearly broke... something.

Return to “Linux”