MojoSetup installer - Page 5

MojoSetup installer

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

Nemoder

Re: MojoSetup installer

Post by Nemoder »

I believe there may be a problem with this version of springlobby corrupting it's config file. A temporary fix is to remove ~/.springlobby/springlobby.conf so that it can recreate it on startup. I'll try to get a new version packaged soon to hopefully resolve this.
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

I updated the installer for the latest release, let me know if I missed anything.

Some of the AIs seem to have problems with the new engine but I was able to get KAIK to work with BA6.6. Hopefully they will fix AAI or include RAI in the next official spring release.
cinmay

Post by cinmay »

Hi. I'm having problems with the installer. The springlobby doesn't seem to get installed and the CA download fails. I have tried both the 64 and the 32 bit versions.
lecbee

Post by lecbee »

cinmay wrote:Hi. I'm having problems with the installer. The springlobby doesn't seem to get installed and the CA download fails. I have tried both the 64 and the 32 bit versions.
+1
In latest release, "springlobby" isn't include in the package. :?
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

Thanks for notice!
I've uploaded a fixed version. I may have to completely remove the map/mod downloader in a future release if too many links become broken. Since you can download all of them inside springlobby now it shouldn't be a big deal (if I remember to make sure I include the lobby!)
lecbee

Post by lecbee »

Nemoder wrote:Thanks for notice!
I've uploaded a fixed version. I may have to completely remove the map/mod downloader in a future release if too many links become broken. Since you can download all of them inside springlobby now it shouldn't be a big deal (if I remember to make sure I include the lobby!)
Personally, I prefer download myself each mod/maps... I don't use auto-downloader.

edit: thx for fix.
Lion-Simba

Post by Lion-Simba »

What about spring-dedicated binary?

Can I get it with this installer?

I need to setup dedicated server with no root rights on the server. What should I do?
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

set install prefix to somewhere you have write privs, compile sources, install
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

I'm not aware of any dedicated server for spring, but this installer does include the java based lobby server TASServer.jar. See the tasserver_readme.txt in the game dir on how to run it.
Lion-Simba

Post by Lion-Simba »

koshi wrote:set install prefix to somewhere you have write privs, compile sources, install
What if there is no compilation environment on that server (no gcc, no dev packs, etc.)?

I have successfully installed full spring version with this installer without need to compile anything. But it supplies only "spring" binary, which linked to X libs, GL libs, etc, which is not available on that server. Moreover, SPADS needs exactly "spring-dedicated" binary, which is unavailable with this installer.

What I suggest? I suggest to include spring-dedicated binary to this installer. :) Why not?
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

I'd certainly be willing to consider it however I don't even know what spring-dedicated is. It's not built by default with the spring source and I don't see any compiler options to enable that.
Do you have a URL to the source code for it?
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

it can be built only using cmake. make spring-dedicated IIRC (or make dedicated, or something.)
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

Ah that was why I didn't see it. I'm still using scons since it seems to handle my custom include and lib directories better but I will play around with cmake and see if I can get it to build.
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

I got it to build and added it to the installer. Start it with the dedicatedstart.sh so it can find all the libs it needs.

I wasn't able to fully test it since I'm not sure how to setup the text file to start it but it seems to run ok.
Lion-Simba

Post by Lion-Simba »

Nemoder wrote:I got it to build and added it to the installer. Start it with the dedicatedstart.sh so it can find all the libs it needs.

I wasn't able to fully test it since I'm not sure how to setup the text file to start it but it seems to run ok.
Great!

I'll test it in a several days.

Thanks for quick response. :)
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

Lots of changes for this release!

Hopefully most of the common problems with missing libs and broken URLs have now been resolved but please help test it and let me know if it dies or I left something out again.
lululaglue

Post by lululaglue »

Hi all,

i have a problem with a last version (spring-installer_790_5-19-2009_amd64.run).
libuntisync.so depend of libpython2.5.so.1.0, but libpython2.5 is not in Spring/libs/ and not in recent distro.

For resolv this problem, i have create a symbolik link in my directory Spring/libs to my python-2.6 lib, and it work.

exemple on archlinux :
cd ~/Spring/libs
ln -s /usr/lib/libpython2.6.so.1.0 libpython2.5.so.1.0

cya.
Last edited by lululaglue on 23 May 2009, 02:01, edited 1 time in total.
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

Thanks for the feedback, looks like I missed a lib after all!
I'll add it to the next release (I believe there is a 0.79.0.2 forthcoming)
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

Please update
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

Done. Sorry it took so long, I kept hoping to find a way to have MojoSetup's downloader grab the latest versions of the popular mods but I can't find any hosts that allow directly linking to stable versions for them like the original installer did. So for now it's just stuck with links to the old mods (if they even still work). But you can always just grab mods manually or through springlobby's torrent system so I guess it's not a big deal.

Return to “Linux”