MojoSetup installer - Page 2

MojoSetup installer

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

lecbee

Re: MojoSetup installer

Post by lecbee »

Launch it with springstart.sh script :wink:

:idea: There is no libboost package on Fedora too.
Cremuss

Post by Cremuss »

Ok, thanks for helping me.

As you said, i've tried to launch with springstart.sh
It now says that :
./springlobby: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.2.0' not found (required by libs/libstdc++.so.6)
I've gcc v4.1XXX so i'm curently emerging the testing version 4.2.X.

...waiting...
:)
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

I think the font problems are something to do with the way I built wxwidgets for the lobby but I'm not yet sure what. See if you can run the spring engine by itself with:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=libs:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ./spring

I will have to include my libgcc_s.so.1 in the next update though.
Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Update your SL in there! The 136 version gets NAT hole punching & nicer icons.

I'll test out the mojosetup for you too in a moment.
Cremuss

Post by Cremuss »

Nothing changes with the last version of gcc :|
Nemoder wrote:I will have to include my libgcc_s.so.1 in the next update though.
So, there is no way for me to play now ?
Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Minor details to add polish:

On the first step, rename "Next" to "Accept" and get rid of the silly dialog after.

Options:
- Add CA to the mod list! Plz.
- I didn't quite get what the #M stood for at first, but I suspect it's for Mb's. Format it nicely, for example
OTA Content (9Mb)
- Show overall status of the download, not only for a specific thing that it's doing atm.

Otherwise, looks great! :-)
Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Okey, it finished downloading & installing, and I suspect you messed up a bit. The Spring icon in apps - games says "Failed to execute child process "springstart.sh" (No such file or directory)", and alt+f2, spring opens firefox to the address of "http://springstart.sh/" :shock:

Edit: Oh, boo. Another small thing - I changed the dir from default to ~/Games, and it didn't append Spring at the end, so all stuff went into my generic games folder...
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

Doh! I didn't realize it wasn't including the full path for the icon, I will have to work around that. I didn't write MojoSetup myself so much of the installer polish will have to wait until it gets updated.

I'm only linking the installer to the mods in http://installer.clan-sy.com/mods same as the windows installer. I don't want to link elsewhere since there is no way to update it every time a URL changes or a new version is released.
lecbee

Post by lecbee »

Nemoder wrote:I think the font problems are something to do with the way I built wxwidgets for the lobby but I'm not yet sure what. See if you can run the spring engine by itself with:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=libs:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ./spring

I will have to include my libgcc_s.so.1 in the next update though.
The spring engine seems to works fine :-)
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

lecbee: Try renaming or deleting libs/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 from your spring directory and see if that solves the font problem.
lecbee

Post by lecbee »

Nemoder wrote:lecbee: Try renaming or deleting libs/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 from your spring directory and see if that solves the font problem.
I will do that Thursday or Wednesday, I can't do that now :wink:
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

I went ahead and updated both 32 and 64bit installers.
I tested them with a fedora8 liveCD running in Qemu and while it was incredibly slow everything did work properly. :)

Edit:
Also simply installing glew and openal with the livecd allows the full game to run. But I don't recommend doing that in Qemu even with KVM loaded! :P
Vadi

Post by Vadi »

You should use the .tar.bz2 archives. For some reason firefox wants to open a zip with the text editor :?

Same thing though - if I change the default dir, it doesn't append "/Spring" at the end. Manual work there, second time around...

And one prob, it looks like you don't configure springlobby's settings for unitsync (and it fails to find it using the old ones).
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

You should use the .tar.bz2 archives. For some reason firefox wants to open a zip with the text editor :?
I've had problems with some file upload sites not accepting .tar.bz2 at all so I went with .zip. The download works fine for me though, it prompts to save it or open with file-roller.
Same thing though - if I change the default dir, it doesn't append "/Spring" at the end. Manual work there, second time around...
This would be nice to have fixed in Mojosetup. I think they also need a prompt for creating new subdirectories.
And one prob, it looks like you don't configure springlobby's settings for unitsync (and it fails to find it using the old ones).
This should only be a problem if you already had a previous installation but moved it. It should work fine on a fresh install. But it's easy enough to fix in springlobby's options GUI anyway.
Cremuss

Post by Cremuss »

I've uninstalled spring and I've just tried with the last 64bit installer. ! :-)
All works, SpringLobby starts but it says something like that at launch :
"Couldn'd get your spring version from the unitsync library.
Online play will be disable."
When I go to setup, all paths are good but when I press "Apply" it tells me that :
SpringLobby is unable to load you unitsync library.
You might want to take another look at your unitsync setting.
( I can't launch single player game, there is no mods/maps/bot detected )

Any ideas ? :)
Thanks.
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

Try running the springstart.sh from a terminal and see if it has any other errors. My guess is that you are missing something like libopenal or libglew1.4
Cremuss

Post by Cremuss »

Yeah, true
04:51:35 PM: Loading from: /home/cremuss/Spring/unitsync.so
04:51:35 PM: Error: libpython2.5.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
Edit :
I've downloaded that :
ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/developm ... x86_64.rpm
(rpm2tar)
Then i've copy the libpython2.5.so.1.0 from the tar archive to /home/cremuss/Spring/libs/ and it seems to work well !
No more errors :)
Thanks.
Vadi

Post by Vadi »

You should just install the python 2.5 package of your distro, imo. It's quite popular these days, so you can't be doing it for every single program...
lecbee

Post by lecbee »

Ok, this works well.

Except springsettings :(

Code: Select all

$ ./springsettings 
./springsettings: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2_richtext-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

You need to launch springsettings from inside springlobby, it's under the tools menu.

Return to “Linux”