MojoSetup installer - Page 3

MojoSetup installer

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

lecbee

Re: MojoSetup installer

Post by lecbee »

Nemoder wrote:You need to launch springsettings from inside springlobby, it's under the tools menu.
Oh sorry, I didn't know :wink:
St.Penguin

Post by St.Penguin »

when I try to run springstart.sh from console, I get the following output:
02:46:51 PM: OnInit ( )
02:46:51 PM: _LoadMapInfoExCache ( )
02:46:51 PM: FreeUnitSyncLib ( )
02:46:51 PM: LoadUnitSyncLib ( )
02:46:51 PM: Loading from: /home/talos/games/Spring/unitsync.so
springstart.sh: line 2: 4443 Floating point exception(core dumped) LD_LIBRARY_PATH=libs:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ./springlobby "$@"

If I try to launch springlobby directly, I get:
./springlobby: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2_richtext-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Am I just missing more libraries? and if so, what? Here's praying it's in the repos...
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

St.Penguin wrote:when I try to run springstart.sh from console, I get the following output:
02:46:51 PM: OnInit ( )
02:46:51 PM: _LoadMapInfoExCache ( )
02:46:51 PM: FreeUnitSyncLib ( )
02:46:51 PM: LoadUnitSyncLib ( )
02:46:51 PM: Loading from: /home/talos/games/Spring/unitsync.so
springstart.sh: line 2: 4443 Floating point exception(core dumped) LD_LIBRARY_PATH=libs:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ./springlobby "$@"

If I try to launch springlobby directly, I get:
./springlobby: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2_richtext-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Am I just missing more libraries? and if so, what? Here's praying it's in the repos...
It looks like you have the libs but the program is crashing when trying to load the game library. :(
What distribution of linux are you using?
St.Penguin

Post by St.Penguin »

PCLOS gnome 2008
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

St.Penguin wrote:PCLOS gnome 2008
I downloaded the ISO of that and ran it as a LiveCD was able to install and run the lobby and load unitsync just fine.
Some of the system libs were really old though like libglew1.3 and python2.4 (that's even older than debian-stable!!) but I linked in the missing libs and it ran fine so whatever is causing your crash must be specific to your system.
St.Penguin

Post by St.Penguin »

Well, I apologize for the stupid questions but what libraries did you link in and where did you get them from? I put in libglew1.4 and python2.5 .so's (from mandriva rpms) in the ./spring/libs/ folder, but I still get the previous error when attempting to start spring. Thank you very much for the personal assistance though, much appreciated...just would like to get this installer working so as to avoid the disgust of running it under wine :roll:
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

St.Penguin wrote:Well, I apologize for the stupid questions but what libraries did you link in and where did you get them from? I put in libglew1.4 and python2.5 .so's (from mandriva rpms) in the ./spring/libs/ folder, but I still get the previous error when attempting to start spring. Thank you very much for the personal assistance though, much appreciated...just would like to get this installer working so as to avoid the disgust of running it under wine :roll:
Well I cheated a bit and just linked it to the old libs on the system (I guess the ABI is stable enough for that)
Something like: ln -s /usr/lib/libGLEW.so.1.3 ~/Spring/libs/libGLEW.so.1.4
St.Penguin

Post by St.Penguin »

well it's an ugly fix (if only repos were updated more), but it works :-)
Thanks a lot! Hope to see you guys in-game.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

the linux ubuntu repository was recently updated, may want to look into these changes...
Vadi

Post by Vadi »

St.Penguin wrote:PCLOS gnome 2008
I don't think that applies to him :?
lecbee

Post by lecbee »

Hello,

I just want to say that this works good, so thanks for all french Fedora users (at least) :wink:

And I hope you release updates of your installer with new versions of TASpring and SpringLobby :-)
Last edited by lecbee on 02 May 2008, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

Yeah good job i was thinking of going to Fedora when 9 comes out to see what it is like, so this will help the push a lot for me :D
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

Thanks! I will try my best to stay updated with the newest spring releases. I hope they do make a new official release soon to fix the AI crashes and add the new mods.
elmariachi

Post by elmariachi »

I run Arch Linux with OpenBox.

this installer fails to complete it's mission, saying that "the desktop menu failed to install" or something like that (I'm Portuguese). What should I do?
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

elmariachi wrote:I run Arch Linux with OpenBox.

this installer fails to complete it's mission, saying that "the desktop menu failed to install" or something like that (I'm Portuguese). What should I do?
I'm not sure why this would fail unless it's trying to use your system's xdg-desktop-menu command and that is failing somehow. Do you have xdg-utils installed?
elmariachi

Post by elmariachi »

that was it :wink: thank you :mrgreen:
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

I updated the installer to the latest springlobby, the new libtorrent support is very handy for quickly getting new maps and mods!

It's probably safe to install over the top of a previous install however it will wipe out your user config files.
lecbee

Post by lecbee »

Thank you !! It's works fine !
Continue to update it in next weeks :wink:
ResCognitas

Post by ResCognitas »

Just wanted to say thanks!
daneel

Post by daneel »

I was unsuccessful with my portage installation so I'm trying the installer.

Apparently everything goes ok bu when starting the springlobby, I get:

... Couldn't get your spring version from the unitsync library .

Not to bat, single player w'll be nice ... 8)

.... But then I can't select any maps or mods on the single player screen, tried to download maps/modes manually and using the download manager ... no success.

Any suggestion will be appreciated (except using wine :lol: )

Thanks.

Return to “Linux”