Spring 86.0!

Spring 86.0!

Discuss Spring news, such as fresh releases and press coverage, here.
jK
Spring Developer

Spring 86.0!

Post by jK »

Dropped cause of some minor issues.

Release Message
Just 10 months till Christmas \o/

Kudos
Again, thanks everyone for your contributions!

Download links: Major changes:
  • Many pathfinder improvements
  • New commandline argument "--safemode": (It turns off all features that are known to cause problems on some system.)
  • Bugfixes
Full changelog here.
Last edited by jK on 05 Mar 2012, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.
Senna

Re: Spring 86.0!

Post by Senna »

Nice job, reading the changes looks a great release. Keep the good work
Senna

Post by Senna »

rare antinuke bug (2956)??
that means the one when antinuke missile dont hit the nuke and goes to land after flytime done?, it is fun lol:) ive lost a base because of that:).

The antinuke missile needs do some damage to detonate the nuke, its that the fix? dunno whats the anti fix, can u guys explain a bit more pls?
Senna

Post by Senna »

Simulation:
- make globalLOS a per-allyteam variable
/globallos <n> --> toggle for allyteam <n>, no argument --> toggle for all

Hope this fix the cheat LOS that some people uses to have full enemy view. I really hope the 86.0 fix many cheats and bugs, as i said looks a great release
jK
Spring Developer

Post by jK »

Senna wrote:rare antinuke bug (2956)??
that means the one when antinuke missile dont hit the nuke and goes to land after flytime done?, it is fun lol:) ive lost a base because of that:).

The antinuke missile needs do some damage to detonate the nuke, its that the fix? dunno whats the anti fix, can u guys explain a bit more pls?
The number in the brackets is the mantis ticket id. So here: http://springrts.com/mantis/view.php?id=2956
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

Much thanks to all the engine devs (especially Kloot) for all the bugfixes!
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

It's great that UnitPreDamaged negative weapondefIDs made it because now we can have fall damage again. The bugfixes in the months leading up to this are good too.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Is it possible to turn safemode on in other way?
* config
* environment

ZKL deploys spring with several configs and switches them, naturally this would be part of config but if it needs commandline it means extra hacks.
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

I ask all Package maintainers to add gccxml,python-pygccxml (or equivalents) to the build dependencies if possible so the unitsync python bindings get build.
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

The gadget handler in base/springcontent.sdz doesn't have the facing parameter for AllowUnitCreation.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

that safemode is a neat idea.. basically a ability to turn off bugtesting and resume play on advice.. such a mode could make the help noobs with crashes problem much easier.. if it was switched on automatically after crash..
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

PicassoCT wrote:that safemode is a neat idea.. basically a ability to turn off bugtesting and resume play on advice.. such a mode could make the help noobs with crashes problem much easier.. if it was switched on automatically after crash..
ZKL does switch spring to "minimal config" after crash. However it needs a way to tell spring through config and not commandline..
jK
Spring Developer

Post by jK »

Licho wrote:ZKL does switch spring to "minimal config" after crash. However it needs a way to tell spring through config and not commandline..
That would cause a chicken and egg problem.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

@Licho:

if you want to set through config, use the output of "spring --list-config-vars" and parse that for the "safemodeValue". (output is json)
jamerlan
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by jamerlan »

Thank you, developers and community! Great job!

joking: http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/8049 ... lonesh.jpg
gilboa

Post by gilboa »

koshi wrote:I ask all Package maintainers to add gccxml,python-pygccxml (or equivalents) to the build dependencies if possible so the unitsync python bindings get build.
Hi,

Any way to avoid this dependency?
pygccxml is not a part of Fedora, and I greatly doubt that I'll get an OK to include yet another static package.

- Gilboa
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

Well, it is optional, as in if it's not present the only thing that will happen is the python unitsync bindings not getting build.
Other than replacing the bindings generator, which is built on pybindgen, there's nothing to avoid the pygccxml dependency.
I'm quite surprised it's not in fedora tbh, do you know if that's a concrete decision against it or if simply no one did the packaging effort (yet)?
gilboa

Post by gilboa »

koshi wrote:Well, it is optional, as in if it's not present the only thing that will happen is the python unitsync bindings not getting build.
Other than replacing the bindings generator, which is built on pybindgen, there's nothing to avoid the pygccxml dependency.
I'm quite surprised it's not in fedora tbh, do you know if that's a concrete decision against it or if simply no one did the packaging effort (yet)?
Most likely no one taken upon himself to package.
I'd do it myself but at least for now, I don't have the time to start the review process.

Assuming that'll ship spring without it for now and add it later, what currently requires this binding? (Please forgive my ignorance)

- Gilboa
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

As the binding author I'm not aware of anything user visible that uses them.
Senna

Post by Senna »

jK wrote:
Senna wrote:rare antinuke bug (2956)??

The number in the brackets is the mantis ticket id. So here: http://springrts.com/mantis/view.php?id=2956
uhm never heard about that bug but ok:)

Return to “News”