New Q&A site for game developers launches!

Discuss Spring news, such as fresh releases and press coverage, here.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Hey!

As some who follow engine developer discussions more closely, or who simply happened to be at the right place at the right time, may already know, we have been looking at setting up a question and answer forum.

Not only to make it easier for game developers to ask concrete questions about the Spring engine to it's developers, but also for game developers amongst themselves. This way it is meant to be a successor to this 57 page forum thread :mrgreen:

That's why we'd like to present:

*insert drum roll*

http://answers.springlobby.info/

Much kudos to koshi for setting this up!

From now on, when you have any concrete spring-modding related questions, come to this site and ask!

While you're there, help build a quality knowledge base about Spring by voting up the good questions and the useful answers. Feel free to ask questions about the site or the way it's meant to be used too: tag those using the meta tag.

So join now and don't forget to add the questions RSS feed to your feed reader! ;-)
Jazcash

Re: New Q&A site for game developers launches!

Post by Jazcash »

I really like this idea, I really like it a lot. Whoever though of it gets my respect, despite it not being a massive deal.

Hopefully, it will help people when they ask the same old questions. You should sticky the most important ones and make some categories like Lobby, Game, Development etc.

This should also hopefully eradicate some of the topics being made in the engine section of the forum when they're nothing to do with the engine. Obviously, it won't clear it all out, but should help.

Also, don't let AF spot that logo :wink:
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

Jazcash wrote:Also, don't let AF spot that logo
I guess we'll find out just how little I care about that then.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Jazcash wrote:You should sticky the most important ones and make some categories like Lobby, Game, Development etc.
The idea is that good/important questions "bubble up" because many people vote on them and/or they have the most page views. (so there should be no need to sticky)

There are no categories but questions can be tagged, and you can view all questions with a certain tag.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

You know you only had to ask me for a custom logo, I've been happy to provide logos in the past for various people and projects on request, the last one being flozis ABC mod logo
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

AF wrote:You know you only had to ask me for a custom logo, I've been happy to provide logos in the past for various people and projects on request, the last one being flozis ABC mod logo
Me too. I've produced about a dozen logos using your PSD's, which I can no longer do very well because Fireworks CS5 sucks at importing them compared to CS4...
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Use photoshop, all you have to do is paste in a white silhouetted object and then copy the layer style and save.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

AF wrote:Use photoshop, all you have to do is paste in a white silhouetted object and then copy the layer style and save.
I've actually just been opening it with Photoshop, then copy and pasting it into Fireworks :regret:
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

my validation email never arrived...

you've got a glitch in your garavatar hash calculation to. it needs to put all characters to lower case... rand into a fun glitch where I registered with upper cased version of my email and gravatar didn't show up then I tried to change my email to lower case and got "* this email has already been registered, please use another one"... resolved this by appending # to my email, saving, then changing to the original email in lower case... but this is probably a usability issue that you should address.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

reported @ osqa.net
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

Sticky/some other reference in Games & Mods?
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

I've tested the email sending bit again, but found no problem. Does anybody (still) have problems getting email from the site?

Return to “News”