New version, 0.64b1

New version, 0.64b1

Discuss Spring news, such as fresh releases and press coverage, here.
Fnordia
Former Engine Dev

New version, 0.64b1

Post by Fnordia »

A new Spring version has been released, fixing a few bugs and adding some new features as well. The most important is a fix for an elusive crashbug that has been causing problems for a while. The new features are mostly for map and unit makers, the full changelog can be found here. There has also been a few balance changes to XTA, details here.

You will need to update to this version in order to connect to the multiplayer lobby.

If you have installed any 0.6x version already, you only need todownloadthe updating installer. To upgrade any other version or to do a fresh install you will need the regular installer.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Alleluia!
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Dude... that's the best part of this game... people acctually fix the problems we complain about... any word on fixing the new crashes introduced in the lastest few versions of TASClient?
Betalord
Former Engine Dev

Post by Betalord »

Lobby changelog (0.151 to 0.152):

* added option to add taskbar buttons for all forms
* changed wsoTCPNoDelay to True. This could resolve some of the timeout issues.
* added "Auto scroll" option to rich edit controls (right-click on the rich edit and choose Auto scroll)
* fixed problem with DecimalSeparator getting overwritten with WM_WININICHANGE message in some cases.
* fixed freezing bug on "loading mod ...", this time in unitsync.dll
* added support for custom sides
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

CUSTOM SIDES !!! :shock:
SLAMOID HURRY NOW
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

One minor bug in XTA though ;)

The new Raven I added, it uses the sound bam, and not rockhit, bam is not present currently since I removed it from the original file, rockhit was more suitable IMO.

Just to let you know ;)
SJ

Post by SJ »

Hm yes I noticed that, had the old version sounds in my dev folder I suppose so I didnt notice earlier.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

TASClient Changelog wrote:* fixed freezing bug on "loading mod ...", this time in unitsync.dll
Sweet... that was a REALLY annoying bug... so happy to have uber-cool updates right before a nice long 2 days of sitting around the house with nothing to do but play with this stuff... :lol:

E: Oh, and YAY NEW ARM UNIT!!! maybe it will help against krogs and golies?
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

yeah its really powerful AND inaccurate with greater range than a shooter and a lengthy reload time probably a great counter when used in a line or hollow circle (quite a lot of micro needed for the latter)
Dwarden

Post by Dwarden »

yay Betalord :) for taskbar stuff :)
Betalord
Former Engine Dev

Post by Betalord »

CUSTOM SIDES !!!
Khm it seems it doesn't work, I forgot to modify generating of a script file, so it won't really work, although it will display sides correctly.
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

Khm it seems it doesn't work, I forgot to modify generating of a script file, so it won't really work, although it will display sides correctly.
BUMMER :(
munch

noise

Post by munch »

Min3mat wrote:yeah its really powerful AND inaccurate with greater range than a shooter and a lengthy reload time probably a great counter when used in a line or hollow circle (quite a lot of micro needed for the latter)
You forgot to mention the noise. It's an amazing sound, but waaay too loud (IMHO), especially given the fact that it goes on for so long, it's not like it's a one-off bang. It dwarfs all other sounds in the game whilst it's firing. Any chance of turning it down a little?

Munch
Orbu

The noise

Post by Orbu »

I agree. The noise is too loud. Did you try it on the large speakers?
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

If I remember this is due to an error in dealing with burst weapons sounds that SJ said would be resolved in a later release If I remeber from the art section Heavy rocket request that prduced the Raven...
Archangel of Death

Post by Archangel of Death »

Yes, I've noticed that burst sound bug thingy. LRM 20's really shouldn't be so deafening.

Return to “News”