Your playing style? - Page 5

Your playing style?

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

det

Post by det »

Dragon45 wrote:In old school TA, bombers were the de facto air unit of choice, instead of fighters, mainly because missile unit spam was the best strategy, and fighters die too quickly from even a few of those shots.
Hawks were pretty kick ass too :)
fiveiron

Is greatness innate or acquired?

Post by fiveiron »

neddiedrow wrote:My Style?

My style is highly mutable - it has declined and increased in effectiveness as I experiment against the background of other things occuring in my life.

I am of the opinion that when you commit yourself to a single style, when you label yourself, you reach a plateau - and from there it is difficult to improve. Thus I have never fallen to this. I describe myself alternately as average and mediocre, attributing no real meaning to either.

I do have some basic rules however...

Never give up, never surrender, never abandon. In the face of certain defeat we as players are given a unique opportunity to experiment, and thus I grow. Indeed, usually I join stacked games with the intention of putting myself into a losing situation just so I will be forced to try something new. I could have joined a clan a long time ago, on the face of a few good victories, and have been set on the winning side in stacked battles for the majority of my future play, but I chose not to.

So, to sum it up, my play is highly illregular. It can be slow and methodical, or fast and rash.
I like this style. I've read an article in Fortune magazine about deliberate practice. Is greatness innate or acquired? The study revealed that natural talent can only get you so far, but virtually any person is able to acquire greatness. I think they've got a point.

Your style sounds like a perfect example of deliberate practice.

And I like playing against somebody with a little bit more creativity than bantha/kragoth/nuke/buzzsaw/bertha rushes. Battles that focus more on witt than brute force.
Day

Post by Day »

youl only be pro if the doctor says so!
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I thought we could only be PRO if we survived the hazing ceremony?
techprophet

Re: Your playing style?

Post by techprophet »

My Style:

a) Cap multiple small hills or islands, build Vulcans (high trajectory), Big Berthas, or other types of long range weapons) and long-range radars on them whilst simultaneously maintaining a steady flow of bombers and fighters from my air fields and build as big an army as possible of Tech 2 light-fast units to finish them off

b) Do nothing :P that is until I have everything tech 2 and a small army of cloaked units. Then Commander Assassination.
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

i spam wezel, then flash, then stumpy in that order
Hacked

Post by Hacked »

i play tabula because eveyrone plays it but noone hates it like they hate dsd
i go tanks because someone said theyre better
then i spam januses because theyre missiles look funny
then i stop because its not working
then i sit there and eco until someone yells at me
then we lose

i like comet catcher duels tho. great fun
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

I used to be a big fan of Guardian creep, but obviously that's not an option in any of the current mods. In BA, I'm all about rezbots, levelers and missile trucks.

None of these strategies are terribly effective. I just like to creep and disassemble defenses... except in CA. In CA, I love the precision bombers and light gunships.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

epic necro. interesting thread tho.
Wisse

Post by Wisse »

BaNa 1v1?
Tribulexrenamed

Post by Tribulexrenamed »

techprophet wrote:My Style:

a) Cap multiple small hills or islands, build Vulcans (high trajectory), Big Berthas, or other types of long range weapons) and long-range radars on them whilst simultaneously maintaining a steady flow of bombers and fighters from my air fields and build as big an army as possible of Tech 2 light-fast units to finish them off

b) Do nothing :P that is until I have everything tech 2 and a small army of cloaked units. Then Commander Assassination.

AI noob much?
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Things that own too hard for words:
Sending 5 phalanxes beneath an enemy airshield and watching it evaporate
Dgunning HLTs before they are completed
Me and Holl's super-rad strat :mrgreen:
Building 1 HLT which kills 6 LLTs from an LLT spamming noob :)
Taking out a com wiv 3 flashes
Cloaked gremlins surround a nano block or moho MMs
Let enemy air try to handle panthers
Umm.. I can't think of any more atm, but I'm sure I'll remember some more later :)
Last edited by Sucky_Lord on 26 Dec 2008, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
manored

Post by manored »

I like to spread until everthing worth occuping is occupied by either allies or enemy, then kill the enemy.
Gota

Post by Gota »

I like to shout curse words and tell my opponents how nooby they are.
If they are winning I tell them they are lucky and I'm Drunk/stoned/beaten up/clinically insane and am just playing for lulz.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Playing style: lazy, different, nooby, sometimes very good (when unlazy).

Lazy mostly. Which why i often play FFA on neurope and greenfields and speedballz and chicken mods and NOTA.

Return to “Ingame Community”