WE NEED CHAT MODERATORS - Page 5

WE NEED CHAT MODERATORS

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you want sysops/moderators who have the power to stop flooding, spamming, flaming and offensive language?

Yes please!!!
59%
The lobby is ok as it is.
22%
Hell no!!!
19%

Total votes: 37

krogothe
AI Developer

Post by krogothe »

Zoombie wrote:When did this degenerate into people saying things that arent about the thing the topic is about?

Eh?
At the exact second smoth doused himself in gasoline...
I learned fairly quickly that heated forum arguments dont work.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

PauloMorfeo wrote:
smoth wrote:... You people refering to likeminded people.. ... those specific european dudes/dudets/wankers who like to attack people on the grounds of the fact that the person under attack is american. ...
I can now safely say, fuck you! Go home get an ulcera and die of hemoroids!
Hey, fuck yourself, I've seen lots of europeans that do that. Usually brits. It's not really even a racist thing, the average british mentality just conflicts with the average american mentality fairly violently. Oddly enough alot of those people get along well with eachother when drunk :D
Imperator

Post by Imperator »

why establish another lame dictatorial regime in another chatroom? anarchy regulates itself, you just have to learn to ignore those lamers instead of calling the "police".
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Imperator wrote:why establish another lame dictatorial regime in another chatroom? anarchy regulates itself, you just have to learn to ignore those lamers instead of calling the "police".
Anarchy does not regulate itself when there is no method for the masses to dicipline the deviant. The internet without administration favors the person who can be the most offencive and obnoxious, unless someone knows how to hack them. Like I said before, considering that this game is theoretically available and open to people under the age of 18, it's best if we at least try to maintain a work safe environment on client.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Sure anarchy can work with a small number of people.

A small number of very spread out, very "stay at home" people that never visit anyone. When a medium to large number of people live next to eachother with no laws, and no police and no goverment there will be arguments, fights and genral nastyness.

Its sad, but true. Just give the humain race a couple a thousand years to get smarter and more intellegent (culturaly, not geneticaly as we stoped evloving a few hundred years ago) and then anarchy will work just fine.

Oh but an internet anarchy, because the wrost thing someone can do to someone else is yell obsentitys...well Sticks and stones will break my bones, buy words will never harm me.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

An itnenret anarchy can provoke the sort of people who know enought o cause real damage zoombie. The average user will shout back at you when shouted at but there are those who'll throw the equivilant of bricks at you.

And we are still evolving genetically, read up epigenetics, and see the statistics that show how our susceptibility to different things has changed. If anythign oure volution is accelerating in certain paths because of our lifestyle adn technology.

Eitherway the anarchy described with the houses is a natural instinct given when you put a lot of organisms in a tightly enclosed space, they want to move away but they cant, so they compete for space. The onyl aprallel in a chatroom for that would be seeing hudnreds fo other people in the userlist watchign what you say, go look at an aol kids chatroom to see that in progress.
Betalord
Former Engine Dev

Post by Betalord »

Since this is a 3rd or 4th "need moderators" thread, I've picked this one to post updates etc.: *link*. Short comment on some of the stuff being said here: commands mentioned earlier are already implemented, there are currently 8 moderators and I'm adding new ones as I see fit.
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

SwiftSpear wrote:... I've seen lots of ... that do ...
So what? So fucking what?
Is that the excuse for him going around doing generalisations complaining about the generalisations he says other do with him? And on top of that insulting me as i point that out?
Well, let me tell you, i really hate stupid argumentations and, on top of that, i take insults very, very badly!

And you know what?
SwiftSpear wrote:...
Hey, fuck yourself, ...
I'll just take that as a coarse mistake of your's, for now.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

PauloMorfeo wrote:
SwiftSpear wrote:... I've seen lots of ... that do ...
So what? So fucking what?
Is that the excuse for him going around doing generalisations complaining about the generalisations he says other do with him? And on top of that insulting me as i point that out?
Well, let me tell you, i really hate stupid argumentations and, on top of that, i take insults very, very badly!

And you know what?
SwiftSpear wrote:...
Hey, fuck yourself, ...
I'll just take that as a coarse mistake of your's, for now.
Um, the generalization breaks when he says "those specific... ...who". It's not a generalization if it he says "those guys who eat apples eat apples" and that's basicly exactly what he said. Basic english principle... and I still <3 you paulo, you just jumped the gun a little fast there.
IMSabbel

Post by IMSabbel »

with all this "fuck you!!" thrown around in this thread, one would REALLY expect that you guys love each other quite literally.

In fact, this thread shows just how much some nice kickbans are needed...
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

IMSabbel wrote:with all this "fuck you!!" thrown around in this thread, one would REALLY expect that you guys love each other quite literally.

In fact, this thread shows just how much some nice kickbans are needed...
Hey, the moderator started it.
Betalord
Former Engine Dev

Post by Betalord »

Bah, I'm locking this thread... Go here on main thread about mods.

Return to “Ingame Community”