A Tournament!

A Tournament!

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Is a tournament a good idea?

Poll ended at 09 Oct 2005, 23:16

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 23

EnlightenedOne

A Tournament!

Post by EnlightenedOne »

Hello everyone this is EnlightenedOne and i would like anyone (no matter how bad or good) to celebrate the fact spring is here today in a tournament! I would like to thank the Creators of spring for there marvelous dedication and I hope they reach their ultimate goal of making the best ever new RTS!

Anyways before i can begin to construct a plan for the tournament we need some particiapnts so anyone who would like to be apart of a spring tournament that will involve team and stand alone play on all forms of map (yes even water maps the type I hate). So first of all leave your title so i can decide where you will start in the tournament and when the first matches will be and leave ONE map you would like to be in the tournament so hopefully your first games can be on familiar ground.
I live in europe but anyone who can read this can play! oh also if you would like to be a dedicated host for the matches (as the first games will be team games (size not decided due to unkown number of players)).
By dedicated htis means someone who will host and spectate and monitor a match so no cheating or anything goes on can also leave there name.

Example.

EnlightenedOne
CometCatcher
Unable to host
ContactviaEmail: dominicstreeter@hotmail.com

everyone who uses this format will be entered into the competition if you wish to fnd out when you will be playing send an email and i will reply in email or on the battle room. My email address is the above.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

Min3mat
willing to host + spec at least 4 games on the sunday :-)
Cometcatcher, Greenhaven, Mars, Flooded Desert and w/e other good fun balanced maps u want :D
Can Host
Min3mat@hotmail.com
EDIT: Times (GMT) ~8-10/11 in the morning and ~6-8/9 in the evening
btw this is going to be a 1v1 tourney right? :s
Last edited by Min3mat on 07 Oct 2005, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
FolCan

Post by FolCan »

I can play thou just have to work out the times because im in New Zealand

I dont want to have to play a game at like 1 or 2 am in the morning

FolCan
can host and spec upto 4 player games propably saturday and sunday
any map
contact email folcanza@gmail.com
Last edited by FolCan on 07 Oct 2005, 08:50, edited 1 time in total.
EnlightenedOne

Time

Post by EnlightenedOne »

Times are not really decided yet, I will base the times i guess on whats best for the players and what can be arranged when. It will all depend on when people are free..... come to mention it if you can add to your posts what time you are in (GTM) time then i can approximate what will be best and if someone has a problem i can change the dates or whatever. we shall see...
Dead.Rabit

Post by Dead.Rabit »

Dead.Rabit
anything without the word haven in it or mars plz =]
cant host
CONTACTviaEMAIL:pimpboy71@msn.com

im at GMT
Last edited by Dead.Rabit on 10 Oct 2005, 22:42, edited 1 time in total.
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

^ONE map :P

FireCrack
Mars
Can host, but would prefer not to if possible.
ContactViaEmail: [my forum username]@[google's mail service]

My availibility is questionable... hopefuly i'l find out someday soon...
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Swiftspear
Any map
Can host
ContactViaEmail: [my forum username]@[google's mail service] or catch me at #taspring on gamesurge... or catch me when I'm not in game on client.

Very Weird schedual, weekends are best.
Last edited by SwiftSpear on 07 Oct 2005, 00:28, edited 1 time in total.
DavetheBrave

Post by DavetheBrave »

DavetheBrave
any map that is balanced and not overly heavy in metal
Can host
ContactViaEmail: savedave@gmail.com

I am on GMT -5 hours. I probably wont be available to play on sundays and most mondays. I can spec most games that are not on these days.
EnlightenedOne

Woo, rules

Post by EnlightenedOne »

Ok guys glad to have some support if we get 20 or more people the tournament will go ahead after a specified date which will depend on when and if we get 20 participants.

Dont be scared i have chosen to give further details and created only one condition that will cause disqualification.

You MUST NOT pick up your ALLYS commander and use it intentionally as a explosive device, rushing with your commander is fine and picking up the enemys commander is fine, however for those who have a good reputation this is unrecommended

If people leave in the middle of games they will be declared OUT if people loose connection in the middle of games. I will watch the replay and decide if they will be allowed to continue the tournament. Each game will be watched by myself either live or via replay. Rematches will be dissallowed.

You MAY NOT share a commander in this tournament if people respond asking for a tournament with shared commanders then they shall have one but this is a stand alone or with other allied commanders tournament.

If you loose connection in more than 3 battles you will not be allowed to continue the tournament this rule will not be flexible for anyone.

Each match will have a spectator (hopefully the host) watching the match.

If an ally is lost but you carry on to win the game and use .take the person who fell out of the game will be included as a winner of the game (the 3 lost connections rule applys here)

The amount of resources you start with will always be 1000 in both Energy and Metal th eunit count will always be 2000

In team matches your teams location will be opposite to that of your enemy.

Remember all matches WILL be watched any violations of the rule or judgment of wether you lost connection intentionally will be derived from the matches replay.

Thats about it have fun i hope this thing goes to plan any questions or comments?

I forgot to mention htis vital thing THIS IS ONLY FOR XTA!!!
Last edited by EnlightenedOne on 07 Oct 2005, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.
EnlightenedOne

Prize...

Post by EnlightenedOne »

As of the moment a prize has not been created i just relaised people may need some kind of motivation :P. well the winner will be declared the TA Spring Battle Master. If any of the commanders of the TA Spring project happen to read this would it be possible for me to give you an unreachable medal that is only gained by the winner of the tournament as in by your experience so you have evidence of your conquest?

"Some of you may die but thats a risk, im willing to take" - Lord Farquad
TA Spring gotta capture them all, oh it so true nuclear fusion will pull us through!, you nuke me or i'll nuke you TA Springgg Tournament!
FoeOfTheBee

Post by FoeOfTheBee »

FoeOfTheBee
Ashpen
Can host on smaller maps
ContactViaEmail: foeofthebee@gmail.com

GMT -8, evenings and weekends
FoeOfTheBee

Post by FoeOfTheBee »

How about a medal that will appear in the client? I also think we should get campaign ribbons for each different server we had to register at :D
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

Kixxe
Pincushion
Can't host, problem with router.
E-mail: jowit002@hotmail.com

GMT +1 Afternoons/evenings or weekends

Edited after noticing the 1 map rule....
Last edited by Kixxe on 07 Oct 2005, 12:04, edited 1 time in total.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

@EO
can't i be trusted to ensure fair play? :-(
2000 unit limit? why not 500? if u exceed that IMO the game is unlikely to be worth playing neway!
is this a 2v2 tourney?
christ! please be more clear!!! :?
IMSabbel

Post by IMSabbel »

Well, i dont think a 2vs2 tournament would make much sense.
We have barely enough people for a 1vs1...

And although i am not good at playing competitive 1vs1, i can host (up to 14 people without lag, tested) and more people wont hurt.

IMSabbel
dont care about map (not good in any one :D )
Can host, the whole weekend, anytime besides lests say 3am-9am GMT
Contact: ICQ 106063368 (privacy mode, so send it even if i seem offline)
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

The unit limit is a per player limit, and in a 1v1 on a non metal map you will basicly never hit the unit limit if you have it set to default (500)... I tend to belive that metal maps should not be included in this tourny, as they are sortof the neutered little brothers of proper expansion style maps. Don't get me wrong, thier fun to play, but they wreck pretty much all the stratigey that makes the game worth playing over and over and over.
EnlightenedOne

The tourny

Post by EnlightenedOne »

There may be 2v2 battles at the start to thin out competition and make sure that the best of the best can work with an ally. But i cannot say for certain min3mat if we will be able to do this because of the amount of participants. I will forge the plans for who will fight who after we have reached say 20 people after we get 20 people i will leave newcomers 3 days to join after that i will put it into concrete the first rounds to be played.

So far we have 10 people
safi

tournament

Post by safi »

Good idea :)

safi
can host.. pref weekendz / evenings (GMT+1 ;)
email: sander(at)safi.nl

pretty good at PHP'ing, can help figure out / build online system for this if handy? got host/db. Drop me a msg if u want that :)

thinkin about:
- signing in (user/pass/profile(can host or not etc.)
- teamin up (ranks? time zones?)
- scheduling (sign in with pref. days / times) with that -> auto schedule of tournaments
- pointing system (wins/losses/team points)
- when game played, upload of replay/demo
- everyone must agree on win/loss online (with spec being the closing vote)
- diff types of tournaments.. ladder matches 1on1, 2vs2 etc...
- and we need prizes, lotz of 'em lol

i think i can build that :) whatcha think?
Last edited by safi on 07 Oct 2005, 19:16, edited 2 times in total.
EnlightenedOne

Elmination based

Post by EnlightenedOne »

The matches will be Elimination based by the way everyone if you loose a round your out if your disconnected i will see if i can slot you against someone else... but i havent as i have said designed this as i havent got na idea of how many will be playing. Some rules about getting back in may be changed at the last minute.
Aun

Post by Aun »

Aun
Greenhaven, Castles, MountainSiege, ThePassV2
Can't host
paladinaun[at]gmail.com

Return to “Ingame Community”