Topic of #main - Page 2

Topic of #main

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

marciolino

Re: Topic of #main

Post by marciolino »

NO Spring is alive!

Imo we need more visibility, autohost moderation and some improvements there and there (ppl are working on) but soon people will come back!

(fingers crossed)
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

We have done everything right! Shotgun approach (every direction, every style, every taste)! The engine devs did great work. And the comunity still attracts quality people. If something got lost over the years its enthusiastic near_nubs (like i started) because you now need a lot of know how even for a basic map. But we are pretty much alive, just not all thrown into one TAr-pot together. If the kids stay out long, and a house is quite for a night or two during the week, does the family within cease to be?
marciolino

Post by marciolino »

I agree, but I think also that bring new players and make them feel welcome is something that we should work on.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

We could use some sort of daily actualised cartoon, who is only linked in main. You know the sort of thing, like daily check by on xkcd when bored- would be great if it was on AFs Site, but link only to be found through the main-channel.

Chances are big, that once you joined, you stick for a game.

Also, we could use a "Shortgame Option": If somebody drops by during his lunchbreak, he doesent get a whole game going. He wants a 15 mins entertaiment before beeing dragged back howling-and screaming into reallife.
So the whole, waiting for game, building base thing is a little bit hinderous there. Really cool would be, if we had "scenarios", you load the game, your base is allready there, your units allready produced, you basically enter a dsd games at the peak of excitment. Everyone has equal cards.

Its not the world in conflict system, but it could do.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

PicassoCT wrote:Also, we could use a "Shortgame Option": If somebody drops by during his lunchbreak, he doesent get a whole game going. He wants a 15 mins entertaiment before beeing dragged back howling-and screaming into reallife.
So the whole, waiting for game, building base thing is a little bit hinderous there. Really cool would be, if we had "scenarios", you load the game, your base is allready there, your units allready produced, you basically enter a dsd games at the peak of excitment. Everyone has equal cards.
I have that in KP:
Split the map into an equal amount of datavent for each team, and cover them with buildings.

I found out this make the beginning harder because you suddendly have all those units everywhere to manage without the time to take your marks.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

zwzsg wrote:
PicassoCT wrote:Also, we could use a "Shortgame Option": If somebody drops by during his lunchbreak, he doesent get a whole game going. He wants a 15 mins entertaiment before beeing dragged back howling-and screaming into reallife.
I have that in KP:
Split the map into an equal amount of datavent for each team, and cover them with buildings.

I found out this make the beginning harder because you suddendly have all those units everywhere to manage without the time to take your marks.
Hi time you do a little more advertising in main, and elsewhere..
Well, while they still argue, should it be BA, and must it be DSD, you and your buddy, could steel away for 10 mins, and play KP. And be back in notime, having fun, while they voted in-vain.
knorke

Post by knorke »

Well, while they still argue, should it be BA, and must it be DSD
ive never seen argueing about that.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

well, sometimes the guys who want ba as the map, and dsd as the mod seem to have a majority
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

PicassoCT wrote:Hi time you do a little more advertising in main, and elsewhere..
By the power conferred to me by Boirunner, I hereby appoint you marketing lead of Kernel Panic. Now go forth and evangelize the crowd!
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

zwzsg wrote:
PicassoCT wrote:Hi time you do a little more advertising in main, and elsewhere..
By the power conferred to me by Boirunner, I hereby appoint you marketing lead of Kernel Panic. Now go forth and evangelize the crowd!
I shall do just that! But dont you come bitching and complaining, if the users are paining!

And it means work for you to. You got to filter the addlines out, store the good ones and repeat them with a chatbot.
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

#main topic is still mentioning engine rev 84 and advertising only zkl for rapid downloads
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

ZKL for rapid downloads is perfectly fine, as SL does not support it and you cant seriously expect general windows users to use rapid commandline.
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

Didn't say I do. I just think people who cannot or do not want to install ZeroK Lobby should know that there's a dedicated gui for it.
jamerlan
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by jamerlan »

knorke, thank you for updating topics!
Which username you use in lobby?
We want to grant you lobby moderator status.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

the ever power thursty knorke recives the ability to glue my lips together...

Why dont i ever get moderatore powers?
I would enforce law(n) and this.order!
knorke

Post by knorke »

i dont want to be "lobbymoderator", i just want the topic updated with correct links etc. (and not listen to people complain about who should be banned for combombing or unmute somebody from the loltastic automute in #main)
in lobby i use [2up]knorke
aegis

Post by aegis »

the automute is *not* as bad as it looks, it's just not sending the line that gets them muted (to them less spammy)

I did a ton of specific tests and it's very hard to get muted without pasting 2 (usually 3+) decent-length lines in a row, saying the same word very quickly, or saying the same rather long line twice very quickly

it also will not mute natural conversation unless you press enter every word - it cools down faster than any human can type
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

knorke wrote:i dont want to be "lobbymoderator", i just want the topic updated with correct links etc. (and not listen to people complain about who should be banned for combombing or unmute somebody from the loltastic automute in #main)
in lobby i use [2up]knorke
part of the crew part of the ship.

Your lust for power, disguised as a want for fixxed topics got you into this, now suffer the consequences.. ;)

Return to “Ingame Community”