A Tournament! - Page 4

A Tournament!

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Is a tournament a good idea?

Poll ended at 09 Oct 2005, 23:16

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 23

FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

Pxtl wrote:Imho, if the commader was going to be destroyable but the game allowed to continue, it should be an immbile building... with a superlong nanolathe and an annihilator turret. And no big explosion death. Only then would you be guaranteed that the commander would never be used offensively (which is the exact opposite of it's intended purpose).
whoa, that's actually the idea (more or less) behind the commander for BTech for Spring...
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

SwiftSpear wrote:... I once made farks follow one accross the map on a build order and the avanced cont got there nearly twice as fast as the farks did.
I think that, at least, constructors guarding other constructors are constantly updating they're move order (to near the guardee) and, as such, whenever a unit receives a new move order, it stops and has to start moving again which makes them slower.

In fact, this should be submited as a bug.
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Pxtl wrote:...
TA was _designed_ with Commander Dies Game Ends in mind. ...
You got that god_dam_right!!!
Pxtl wrote:...
Imho, if the commader was going to be destroyable but the game allowed to continue, it should be an immbile building... with a superlong nanolathe and an annihilator turret. ...
I actually thought of that many times. In the lines of, instead of having the comander we would have,

# An weaker commander, not so powerfull but a better anti-rush weapon with:
- Smaller, less powerfull (not strong enough to destroy the starting building) explosion.
- Instead of a D-Gun, an acurate targeted laser working about the same way (not in dmg, though).
Then, some other features where it is curently lacking:
- Guided missiles sprouting out of it's back (like a krog) as AA weapon and good for catching fast moving scouts.
- Depth charge launcher as weapon when in water.
- Ressurection capabilities.

# Along with the weaker comander, we would have spawned a starting building/buildings.
- A building which would do the job of a few missile towers + depth charge launchers (in case of beeing spawned in water) + llts + 1 Hlt.

This shifts much of the starting power from the movable commander to the imovable building. The comander would have more problems getting rid of moderate forces (not so uber) if away of the starting building and less usefull to do bombing with but, it would be an all-around tool as well as a better anti-rush weapon. Along with the starting building, it would define that, at least in an area, a quick rush would not succeed, ensuring more play time than currently if one player is much stronger of if things go very bad.

The problem is the placement of the building. Assuming that the player may start in water or in some unbuildable place... I thought the building could actually be a floating unit of zero speed but then i don't know if the depth charges would work.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Gus
favmap: got to be River Dale :D
any time around GMT evening hopefully and weekends.
EnlightenedOne

Social week

Post by EnlightenedOne »

Sorry its been pretty quite for a while guys ive just been sorting out social scenarios and keeping in contact with alot of friends. We need 2 more people then we can get this show on the road, if were gunna get some more we will probably need to mention it on the spring server alot more :P he he he maybe its rude but if you dont advertise you dont get very far. Maybe i should start some of the first matches as no tevery match will actually Need us to have all 32 players. But it will mean we will need 2 more soon.
EnlightenedOne

Ok children brace to go to war

Post by EnlightenedOne »

We have 32 Players!
Ive created a log, if there any details you would like me too change please say also if you have a * in any area of your decription it probably means id prefere and email or a means of contacting you. I will have the majority of rounds on weekends as i expect most people arnt free otherwise. If it has a ? then id like you to confirm or alter.

Tournament participants.

Name = Gpox
Email = jpjaaske(at)cc.hut.fi
Maps = Tombstone desert, small divide, hill haven, martian desert, pincushion remake
Host = Yes

Name = Project 25.0.1
Map = Unspecified
Contact = My brother
Host = No

Name = Min3mat
Maps = Cometcatcher, Greenhaven, Mars, Flooded Desert
Email = Min3mat(at)hotmail.com
Host = Yes

Name = FolCan
Map = -Unspecified
Email = folcanza(at)gmail.com
Host = Yes

Name = DeadRabit
Map = -Rehaven -Greenhaven
Email = pimpboy71(at)msn.com
Host = No

Name = FireCrack
Map = Mars
Email = Will use Forum
Host = Potential

Name = SwiftSpear
Map = Unspecified
Email = SwiftSpear(at)Gmail.com
Host = Yes

Name = DavetheBrave
Map = -Metal maps
Email = savedave(at)gmail.com
Host = Yes

Name = FoeOfTheBee
Map = Asphen
Email = foeofthebee(at)gmail.com
Host = Yes (small maps)

Name = Kixxie
Map = Pincushion
Email = jowit002(at)hotmail.com
Host = No

Name = IMSabbel
Map = Unspecified
Contact = ICQ 106063368 * any others
Host = Yes

Name = safi
Map = Unspecified
Email = sander(at)safi.nl
Host = Yes

Name = Aun
Maps = Greenhaven, Castles, MountainSiege, ThePassV2
Email = paladinaun(at)gmail.com
Host = No

Name = heze
Map = Unspecified
Contact = ICQ: 7293070 * any others?
Host = Yes

Name = Maelstrom
Map = -Water maps
Email = maelstrom.niiil(at)gmail.com
Host = Yes

Name = Doxs
Map = Mars
Email = leos_110(at)hotmail.com
Host = Yes

Name = PT_Paulada
Map = GreenHaven
Contact = Use Forum
Host = Yes

Name = Speedy
Map = SpeedyMetal v3
Email = SpeedzorHelium(at)gmail.com
Host = Yes

Name = Combine
Map = Unspecified
Email = zeibach(at)hotmail.com
Host = Yes

Name = Paladin
Map = Unspecified
Email = dirkini(at)hotmail.com
Host = No

Name = Ap0c
Map = Unspecified
EMail = justin.drennan(at)gmail.com
Host = No

Name = Deathknight
Map = +Metal Maps
Email = Dominater_vicecity(at)msn.com
Host = No

Name = PT_bate_chapas
Maps = Lava Highground, small divide, green haven
Email = gonuma(at)portugalmail.pt
Host = Yes

Name = xX_WeaZ_Xx
Maps = Comet Catcher -Watermaps
Email = weaz8289(at)yahoo.com
Host = No

Name = EnlightenedOne
Maps = Comet Catcher - Watermaps
Email = dominicstreeter(at)hotmail.com
Host = No

Name = Torrasque
Maps = Cometcatcher, Small Divide, Tombstone desert, pincushion
Email = jerome.champ(at)bluewin.ch
Host = Yes

Name = MOnG
Maps = Core Faf
Email = qmgaete(at)yahoo.com *
Host = No

Name = Dstruct
Map = Greenhaven
Email = puredrums(at)hotmail.com
Host =Yes

Name = Chocapic
Map = -Metal-Isles
Email = chocapic_dewd(at)iol.pt
Host = No

Name = Gus
Map = River Dale
Email = Will use forum
Host = Yes

Name = Aeria
Map = Unspecified
Email = kraken_dark(at)hotmail.com
Host = No

Name = Runecrafter
Map = +MetalMaps
Email = Runecrafter(at)hotmail.com
Host = Yes

Total = 32

Reserve players (Incase someone fails to turn up)

Name = FizWizz
Map = -MetalMaps +Symetrical
Email = FizWizz(at)hotmail.com
Host = Yes
Last edited by EnlightenedOne on 27 Oct 2005, 18:15, edited 3 times in total.
EnlightenedOne

Were good to go

Post by EnlightenedOne »

We have a Ladder! now i need someone to show somewhere pubic a 1.75mb file showing the ladder that shows who will fight who!
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

File Universe? max is 10MB there
SJ

Post by SJ »

Ok here it is until you find something better http://taspring.clan-sy.com/temp/final.bmp.
Ap0c123

Email address

Post by Ap0c123 »

Ap0c =
justin.drennan(at)gmail.com
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Yow, red is a strong frigging wing... those are the matches I'm watching.

Most likely I go out second round I think... I'll try not to make it too easy though.
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

Bet im gonna loose the first round I play. I always loose. Except for when I win.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Maelstrom wrote:Bet im gonna loose the first round I play. I always loose. Except for when I win.
Probably... I haven't watched or played with all the players in your division, but I think aun is the best that I have played with.
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

Good work SJ, but did it really have to be a .bmp?

Also, the red is very hard do read.

*downloads and zooms in*

Woa, weird mixture... oh well, i might have chance...
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

since the ladder is composed, I guess I can sign in as a reserve player...

Name = FizWizz
Maps = non-metal, symmetrical or semi-symmetrical maps
Email = FizWizz@hotmail.com
Host = If I must
Aun

Post by Aun »

SwiftSpear wrote:
Maelstrom wrote:Bet im gonna loose the first round I play. I always loose. Except for when I win.
Probably... I haven't watched or played with all the players in your division, but I think aun is the best that I have played with.
Sure mate... You obviously haven't played Foe......
EnlightenedOne

Hey all

Post by EnlightenedOne »

Thank you SJ for hosting that i made it yesterday in abit of spare time. All of the people in the 4 divisions are randomly chosen through a system you could try to wokr out if you looked at the list of players for long enough, as evidence its randomised im playing MOnG first :P which wouldnt have been my first choice as he can play brilliantly. I will inform you all of when your matches are very soon but bare with me as ill have to account for the hostability first :?

FizWizz thankyou for being a reserve if someone cant make it to a match you can take their place if you get to the round fast enough :P ill have to keep you updated in advanced of when i plan to do every round and repeatedly update you when stuff changes.... This is going to be tricky but im sure i can make it work.

I will be using the last posted list of all the players and backups just so no one refers to the first one which i should probably remove... infact i will :P

ps FoeOfTheBee is good but not invincible he he.
EnlightenedOne

Time War!

Post by EnlightenedOne »

Im currently working out the times of matches everyone so hold the line for a moment. Basically i will adapt the time of every match into as many countries as possible so everyone can find out their time zones, im gunna be working on (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time and translating the matches time for you and saying what the time is against greenwhich mean time so say if your in the US or Canada.

London Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London = GMT 0 = your match is at 9:30pm in this time zone.

US or Canada = GMT -7 = Your match is at 2:30pm in this time zone.

etc untill ive covered every major area from there you just find out where you live and you can find out when your match is. This means that an American and English person could intercept each other at the same time on the TA Spring Battleroom.

If anyone has a better plan im open to suggestions but as of right now my crude yet hopefully effective time plan should do the trick.

As for changing the time of a match you have to suit you you just tell me if theres a problem then state when you can adjust too, give me a range of hours you can have a match between and i will adjust untill you and your opponent can meet up and try to kill each other at suitable times.
I update your opponent and (if neither player can host) your host as to the change and see if they can do that time. Basically this turns into a huge time war which i have to fight i will soon inform you as to when your matches our and you can do the rest.

MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ABOVE!
MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE :P
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

And everybody upload the Replays to FU. How bad it gets, we want to see em!

Should we have a special name for em? Like Xta_0.65b3_Tourny
And inside the description, the map... So name dosen't get to long..

Whatya think?
Gus

Post by Gus »

Yep good plan with replays -> i wonder if early games could happen if we both happened to be in lobby at same time, saves a bit of time :D

Return to “Ingame Community”