NTai Toolkit 0.3 - Page 7

NTai Toolkit 0.3

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

DJ

Post by DJ »

the probs at the moment have seemed to be around NTai not so much the toolkit. The toolkit was never perfect but you can always hand edit the tdf files. If the probs with NTai were fixed then the toolkit as it stands would be able to create a quite nice AI.

Will AFlobby produce TDF files in the same format? If so then in theory Lindir you wouldn't have to redo the config you've started...
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

It wouldn't be hard to make a converter. The bulk of a config is the tasklists, but the new config type would take a different approach to that of the old type.

As such lindir wont neccesarily be the sole XTA maker, as other users may be contributing unawares, and lindir may have to just assemble a collection of strategies into a group.

Thus collaborative incremental configs that autoupdate and change over time will be possible.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Download 0.25 here

DJ has fixed a number of bugs none of us where aware of, and gotten back source for me with decompiling. He's fixed the commar bug, and changed a few things. I've also added in a few label changes here and there to make things more apparent.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Download toolkit 0.26a here

0.26a changelog:

- Fixes a crash bug opening a bad config file in /AI/NTai/configs/
- Fixes not being able to take a unit and change it to not be an attacker
- Changed colours in some places and fixed sizes of controls
- Changed the window type to prevent window resizing. The controls dont resize with the window.
- Added 2 new keywords
- Renamed a few labels and added extra notes such as in the unit tab, explaining things better
- Added labels on the front page saying what each action does.
hughperkins
AI Developer

Post by hughperkins »

Wow, this is pretty cool!

Edit: really cool idea, and really well implemented. Good work!
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Toolkit 0.26b

Adds the attack group increment entries, and geothermal build algorithm controls.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

the two new geo placement tags are broken
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

still broken;
i get the feeling it shouldnt be in its own brackets. and that ; shouldnt be there. breaks it still, works if you make it a normal tag and remove the ;
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I would have pointed out a syntax error or a corrction that ti was fixed but you used a screenshot and you didnt post the text along wih the 5 or so lines above and below it.

I think you'll find [geotherm] on the line above. The question is, does it have a ; before it? Or did I just accidentally delete that in the source code in that mash of keys I just made?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Download Toolkit 0.27

Adds more attack group size options, one or two adjustments and notes, and a new option for mex construction.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

no bugs found, gd job
DJ

Post by DJ »

I think b_rule_nofact is missing from the keywords list.

I'll have a go at fixing this and the attack group percentage bugs tonight if I get time.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I've made a few changes here nwo I've gotten VS2005 installed.

Dynamic attacker selection has been removed and is hardcoded as false, config builders will have to specify which untis are attackers from now on.

The Scouter tag has been removed too.

A lot of label renaming has gone on to make thigns mroe verbose and much clearer.

An ADV config options tab was added and some stuff moved there to make things clearer and free up extra UI space for improved layout and labels.

The gundam mech on the front page was removed to speed up loading and make text clearer.

I tried to make the maxantistall groupbox dissapear or disable once antistall was unchecked but I cant get it to do that for some reason.
AF
AI Developer

Re: NTai Toolkit 0.3

Post by AF »

Point and click skirmish AI config builder, Build your ideal custom AI battleplan and test it out, Designed for use by total noobs

No coding/programming required
No textediting required

More Information here

Any feedback or questions would be greatly appreciated.
Achilla

Post by Achilla »

Interesting ... something for me ;d

I will give it a go when I have more time.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Im sorely tempted to rewrite this in java instead of fixing the current build.

So what would you want in terms of UI, as Im not fond of the current tabs + checkboxlists.

One thought is to represent the config literally, only instead of a tag and text, I can replace text fields on certain tags with nicer UIs such as unit lists with searches, and collapsable fields, basically panels with nicer UIs etc
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Real men write their NTai configs in Notepad anyway.

Return to “AI”