Toughest AI for turtlers

Toughest AI for turtlers

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

mrlc

Toughest AI for turtlers

Post by mrlc »

Whic of the Spring games have the toughest AI for turtlers?
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Re: Toughest AI for turtlers

Post by Licho »

What do you mean? you can try chickens bundled with zero-k , they are meant to encourage turtlers to attack their nests so chickens become very very powerful if you only defend.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Which game are you talking about? Not all AIs work with every game.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

A turtler will generally lose to an agressive opponent, so I guess any tough AI is tougher to a turtler.
mrlc

Post by mrlc »

For BA.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

imo KAIK.
zoggop

Post by zoggop »

E323AI in BA is really aggravating to defend against in the early game, but depending on map circumstances often sort of fizzles out in the late game.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

E323AI crashes to often...
mrlc

Post by mrlc »

How is Shard on BA? How does it compare to KAIK, RAI, or E323?
Bosque

Post by Bosque »

E323AI I like, but does not run on my computer (spring 85 and OS X 10.6.8 on a 2011 Macbook Pro). It does however run on my brother's older Macbook. When we've included one of these AIs in games it's often vicious in the early game.

KAIK would be more frightening if it built big groups of something besides level 1 kbots.

RAI does some smart things on occasion, actually attacking with a large enough group of bombers to destroy targets for example, but mostly is lousy at offensive action.
mrlc

Post by mrlc »

ok. So have you played Shard before?
knorke

Post by knorke »

imo RAI is best, playing wise and stability. Not perfect but at least it is always doing something, other AIs sometimes go afk after a while.

Shard needs a config to play a game, the included config for BA does seem like a placeholder so i would not expect much.
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

Bosque wrote:E323AI I like, but does not run on my computer (spring 85 and OS X 10.6.8 on a 2011 Macbook Pro). It does however run on my brother's older Macbook. When we've included one of these AIs in games it's often vicious in the early game..
You can probably play against E323AI if you use the XTA_BOT autohost... there you can add server side AI's with the !addbot command (probably should use "!help addbot" first...)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Anybody with a spare 20 minutes could make the Shard BA support orders of magnitude better. I just told Shard to build a few mexes and solars, llts, and a kbot factory and spam peewees, so it will just expand and spam peewees/aks endlessly. I did no finetuning or optimising or balancing at all.

Even a child could do a better job, I just needed something to demonstrate Shard did 'something' other than an idle commander
mrlc

Post by mrlc »

Well, I installed the original TA and some packs. The original TA has a lot of custom AI's which are very hard to beat. It is too bad Spring do not have that kind of support for the skirmish AI's
smoth

Post by smoth »

mrlc wrote:Well, I installed the original TA and some packs. The original TA has a lot of custom AI's which are very hard to beat. It is too bad Spring do not have that kind of support for the skirmish AI's
ta = 1 game that hasn't changed since 98 really.

spring = engine with many games, constantly changing.
knorke

Post by knorke »

It is too bad Spring do not have that kind of support for the skirmish AI's
On the technical side, Spring has such support. Just nobody is actively working on AIs for BA.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

The support for AI in Total Anninhilation was just text files with weighted lists of units the AI could build.

Spring has much better AI support in that in Spring you can write your own AI algorithm, in a variety of language.

TotalA AIs were stupid and easy to beat, except those who cheated by having AI-only special units providing near unlimited M&E.

Spring AIs are full of bugs because:
- The Spring environnment change fast, so any AI not maintained rot and die.
- Spring AI developpers tends to be outsiders make one AI for a school project then leaving.
- Spring AI developpers tends too much to make generic AIs, disregarding details of the games, instead of trying to make one AI taylored to one Spring game only.
100Gbps

Post by 100Gbps »

Jan and Feb did around BA 150 battles on DSD Revolution, AI vs AI and I'm sure that current RAI is the best. From 10 battles vs E323 he (acts more like man than pussy) won 6 to 8.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

on a non-technical level i would just recommend robot defence with tech annihilation for turtlers. Its perfect for just that.

Return to “AI”