Need help - java AI - Page 2

Need help - java AI

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

zeross

Re: Need help - java AI

Post by zeross »

The goal of the project was to create four different AI that simulate a different civilisation.
We got a democracy, an anarchy, a monarchy, and nomads. The goal was to see their adaptation ability depending on the environement (desert, forest, lots/few natural ressources etc... ) and how do they develop themself socialy.

it's not very interesting to play against them because they are too weak for a real match (we did not try to make them "strong" at all, wasn't the goal ^^).
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

ahh sounds cool! :D
not something for the general user as you say, but i would like to have a reference to it on the wiki, if you agree.

Possible places would be here:
http://springrts.com/wiki/AI:Links
and/or here:
http://springrts.com/wiki/AI:Skirmish:List

You can add it yourself if you log in on the wiki (i think the forum account works there, not sure though), or give me some info (paper, links to code repo, a page describing the project, ...), and i would do it myself.
zeross

Post by zeross »

Sorry but i don't think i'll be able to do it. Not that i don't want to share it with everyone (i would love to) but there is some problems :

- we took some classes from another AI and edited them to fit our need. The problem is that i have not asked for the author approval. It's fine since it was just a internal schoolwork project that wasn't to be seen by anyone but us and the teachers, but it's definitly not something i would do for a released project.

- code is realy a mess. Working fo school make you even more lazy about doing clean code and coments than working for the comunity. I would need to clean up the code, make the 4 Ais fit together in the same project (what was the original goal, but we messed up the code on purpose at the end to code faster, gotta take some drastic mesure when you have only 10hours left to make it work :p). I can't afford to spend anymore time in this, sadly, because i've already moved to the next work and it will need my full attention.

- only one of the four civilisation work totaly like it should, the others got more difficulties and didn't make it in time. So they have only half of their developement and stop after that. And i'm sure they wouldn't want to finish it now that the marks are already been decided by the teachers.

- code is mostly in french, and would'nt be understood by the majority of your comunity.

it would take me way too much time to fix those issues (and i start training period next monday so i'll be very busy) so i don't think i'll do it, sorry.

Next time, if i do another AI for spring, i'll be sure to make it releasable to the comunity ;)
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Out of curiosity, what school, in what city, was it for?
zeross

Post by zeross »

We live in france, in the city "Montpellier" and we go to the university "Universit├® de montpellier II". It was a work for our last year of master's degree (5th year of university)
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Thanks. So nothing to do with Mitmat.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

thanks anyway for the feedback and the propaganda :-)

Return to “AI”