Crazy Game Idea ( Looking for Dev's to make it a reality! )

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Zach

Post by Zach »

Hi I'm a lead Dev for a game studio "E-F5 Studios" to be exact and i have adored the Spring engine all the way back before its name and site upgrade, and believe it is the most versatile Real Time Strategy engine out there. So Now on to what that game idea is.

picture this since the maps in the engine are able to be massive in size and the players allowed within it what if you were able to create a whole new game out of those key components, like I don't know a Storm Chasing RTS utilizing the radar to watch and locate for an intercept, Deploy probes and take pictures, gather and document info, and take docs and shots to a nearby news station to receive payment and upgrade your equipment for the next intercept. there's more we have in mind, but would like to see if anyone would be up to the challenge and hopefully be apart of our Dev family.

Were almost certain the the engine is capable to accomplish all the said game play mechanics and more. If interested hit us up on our email and we can discuss from there.

OUR EMAIL ADDRESS IS : ef5studios@gmail.com
Also for a faster response by us, you can hit us up on our twitter feed.
@ef5studios

Hope to hear from you soon. :-)
SpliFF

Re: Crazy Game Idea ( Looking for Dev's to make it a reality

Post by SpliFF »

So your players get fake money for fake photos of fake storms? Even movies about storm chasing (eg "Twister") never really caught on. I don't really see your game taking off since the only reasons to chase storms are:

* Science
* Adrenaline seeking
* Stupidity

None of these are easily captured in a game, especially an RTS, without some kind of new ground-breaking particle system and particle physics simulation. Not trying to be mean, just a reality check maybe?
FireStorm_

Post by FireStorm_ »

I think I'm mostly a visually oriented person when it comes to new game idea's. I think in some cases a few pictures give a better image in my head of what it supposed to look like and how it might work. Crude concept sketch for instance.

Do you have anything to show (apart form text) that was made by your hands?

(to be fair: Don't want to give you the idea I'm planing on joining your team, i'm just curious. :-) )
Anarchid

Post by Anarchid »

Oh wow, one of those, and an authentic one on all terms. And i thought they didn't make them like they used to.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

What you need is a physics engine.. a mighty one, to display the storm taking apart barns.. and you can get that one done here..

But one thing at a time..
Why not download knorkes tutorial mod and try to make a first prototype.

Difficulties would be i assume.. unpreditable storm, how to find out if opponents block your view on the storm (ruining your payment).. civilian traffic. Bonus Points if your feed your opponent to the storm. Its all doable.. the real trouble beeing to transport the real feeling of danger..

PS: No shame in spending ones days dreaming up new game ideas. I have whole box filled with some, and yes, after years some of those are still awesome. The shame begins when one trys to shun the work in realizing them, cause there is a hidden insult in these moments. "Im worthy of godly endavour of thinking about new ideas- you, the drones, the minions, are there to make them real."

Get a mirror, and you will see them all, your first coder, your first sound technician, your modeler, your texturer, your animator and pr-guy. All sitting there, waiting to get to work. ;)
smoth

Post by smoth »

"Crazy game idea"
"Lead dev"

It is like hatemas eve! I had all this coal looking for a stocking to fill!
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

This is the first time I've seen one of these threads and actually felt insulted...
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Forboding Angel wrote:This is the first time I've seen one of these threads and actually felt insulted...
Make a song about it and post it :D
gajop

Post by gajop »

Your presentation is poor.
You haven't shown any work for Spring or otherwise.
You have no site.
You haven't written any background of yourself.
Your twitter feed is empty: https://twitter.com/ef5studios.
All I could find about you was this equally badly presented indiegogo project: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/when-all-was-quiet and a random job offer on dreamincode: http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/topic ... -survival/.

Try again better next time.
In your case (if you have no background), show some work on Spring or other game engines.

Return to “Game Development”