Features and Damage

Features and Damage

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Features and Damage

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

So, I feel kind of dumb asking this, but somewhere in the last few engine updates, did something change concerning features and damage? CT's units can't damage features and I really want to say at one point they could. On this, though, I will admit my memory is fuzzy and I may be remembering the fact that they couldn't for some reason, but I really do want to say I fixed that.

The weapon damage tables have default = x, which means it should damage features (and everything, right?)
knorke

Re: Features and Damage

Post by knorke »

All the ct map features seem to have high health like damage=1000; damage=10000; damage=999999 but I guess you did shot them long enough ;)
not sure whats with CT, but generally units can damage features.
It works in xta for example. (wrecks and DT-walls can be destroyed by weapons)

And at least on "DesertCliffsV1" map with xta mod you can destroy the cacti (those will burn) and rocks by shooting them (takes some time)
But iirc some weapon types can/could never damage features:
laser, beamlaser, lightning, emg, torpedo (?)
weapons that can for sure: cannon, missile, dgun
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Re: Features and Damage

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Hmm, ok. I will take a look at XTA and see what the weapon defs are missing...

Interesting on the weapons that may *not* be able to damage features... there are a few beams and lasers in CT, although it seems everything in CT is doing this.

Return to “Game Development”