Testing the new widget handler!

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Post by smoth »

YOU!
No, no, not you on the right! YOU, right there, working on a spring game! You can help!

There is a new widget handler, it needs testing.
GET IT HERE

JK needs us to look for unusual behaviors and issues so he can squash them!

Known issues:
* current widget profiler does not work with it.
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Re: Testing the new widget handler!

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

So all that stuff goes into luaui? Or how do I exactly incorporate this?

What kinds of bugs am I looking for? Big error messages or subtle things I'll probably miss?
gajop

Post by gajop »

smoth

Post by smoth »

smoth wrote:There is a new widget handler, it needs testing.
GET IT HERE
"jk3064 / new_widgethandler"
gajop wrote:let's see if it'll solve this: http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 90#p512790
"gadgethandler"

Gajop. Not the thread you were looking for man.
jK
Spring Developer

Post by jK »

SanadaUjiosan wrote:So all that stuff goes into luaui? Or how do I exactly incorporate this?

What kinds of bugs am I looking for? Big error messages or subtle things I'll probably miss?
Just create an empty LuaUI folder and optional delete the luaui.lua in the maindir and copy the new files into it. Then copy the widgets (+ their images & files) over to the new folder.
gajop

Post by gajop »

smoth wrote:
smoth wrote:There is a new widget handler, it needs testing.
GET IT HERE
"jk3064 / new_widgethandler"
gajop wrote:let's see if it'll solve this: http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 90#p512790
"gadgethandler"

Gajop. Not the thread you were looking for man.
Maybe not, I read https://github.com/jk3064/new_widgethan ... log.txt#L4 and got my hopes up :P
Pako

Post by Pako »

It is barely usable but I have been using it for a while.

-there are some major bugs to fix to even get it working
-Chili window won't close when the widget is disabled
-Epicmenu uses some hacks to disable/enable widgets which cause huge errors

so all include() should be replaced by require() but will then all widgets become non-backwards compatible?

random things from log:

LuaUI: ERROR No CallIn-Handler for "FindWidget"

Failed to load: gfx_lups_manager.lua (error = 2, LuaUI/Widgets/gfx_lups_manager.lua, error = 2, LuaUI/Configs/lupsFXs.lua, Include() could not load 'LuaRules/Utilities/tablefunctions.lua')

Error in DrawScreen(): [string "LuaUI/Widgets/gui_selbuttons.lua"]:150: attempt to call method 'InTweakMode' (a nil value)

Failed to load: gui_autoloscolor.lua (error = 2, LuaUI/Widgets/gui_autoloscolor.lua, ERROR: Headers files aren't supported anymore use "require" instead!)

50X Headers files aren't supported anymore use "require" instead!
jK
Spring Developer

Post by jK »

Pako wrote:so all include() should be replaced by require() but will then all widgets become non-backwards compatible?
No, the new require() is a semi implementation of lua's native modules require. Include() is similar to c's #include, means it will fully recompile the included code. require() instead will just compile it once and then share the instance between all Addons. I added it to replace the current header files (:= *.h.lua files) and to implement later `Utilities/*` which ZK uses in LuaRules (and minor in LuaUI) and FLOZi requested to have available everywhere.
Pako wrote:Failed to load: gfx_lups_manager.lua (error = 2, LuaUI/Widgets/gfx_lups_manager.lua, error = 2, LuaUI/Configs/lupsFXs.lua, Include() could not load 'LuaRules/Utilities/tablefunctions.lua')
That looks like a missing widget dependency you forgot to add.
Pako wrote:Error in DrawScreen(): [string "LuaUI/Widgets/gui_selbuttons.lua"]:150: attempt to call method 'InTweakMode' (a nil value)
Bug :)
Pako wrote:-Epicmenu uses some hacks to disable/enable widgets which cause huge errors
It should use xyzhandler:DisableWidget()/EnableWidget(), if it doesn't I won't fix it (it should be fixed in EpicMenu itself then).

So new things on the todo list:
* readd InTweakMode()
* try to make including header files not fatal errors (possibly via a backward SystemAddon)
Pako

Post by Pako »

Why not just replace include by require? If it is because other widgets could change the included content, I dont know any widget which does so.
I uploaded somethins. https://github.com/jk3064/new_widgethandler/pulls
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

I get almost all my forum utility pictures from smothposts

Return to “Game Development”