Need help with modding unitdefs

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Metalbreaker

Post by Metalbreaker »

I've been spending most of the morning scouring the forums trying to figure out how to do this by myself, but I really need some help.

I know what I'm trying to do, but I can't find where these files are saved in Sping. I'm running Balanced Annihilation, latest version, and I want to break into the units/ directory of BA and change the resource yield of a few units to be the same as my version of OTA. This probably has something to do with unitdefs, another file which I cannot find.

I apologize in advance if my question is noobish, but if I could figure it out myself, I wouldn't be making this post.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Re: Need help with modding unitdefs

Post by FLOZi »

Unitdefs are ALL the *.lua or *.fbi files in the Units/ directory.

If its an sdz you can unzip it, if it is sd7 you will need 7zip.
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Do you have a file for BA? This can be found in spring/mods if you have it. If you have the file unzip it and the folders should be self explanatory enough for you to find the unitdefs.

If you don't have such a file for BA you must be using rapid. If so you cannot unzip it easily so go to springfiles and find the latest BA version and unzip that.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Silly google:

Code: Select all

rapid make-sdd evo:test evofiles.sdd
Replace evo:test with whatever ba's tags are on rapid (probably ba:stable), and evofiles.sdd with whateveryouwantthisfoldertobenamedbutkeepthe.sdd

Return to “Game Development”