Snow ball rocks

Snow ball rocks

Discuss maps & map creation - from concept to execution to the ever elusive release.

Moderator: Moderators

Noruas
XTA Developer

Snow ball rocks

Post by Noruas »

Ota style large hail or snow rock comets that can be dropped at the sky or an angle as a weapon projectile that's white, or blue, shiny too. its for anteer strait made by jools, but hes too nice to ask for a lua script for it or to ask anyone to make models but ice rocks should or even icicles should be easy to do... It would even be cool that if it does not hit a unit, you could have white rocks on the ground spam from these storms u could collect for metal. (a rocky ice storm his in the south ocean, rush towards it for metal!)
Beherith

Re: Snow ball rocks

Post by Beherith »

These may or may not be what you are looking for:
If you dislike the texture, you can replace with any image and it will tile seamlessly.

10 rocks, of various sizes (not all pictured) with luas and tdfs and a do whatever you want license.
Attachments
brocks.7z
(405.68 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

It would be cool is ice meteors fell and did damage... but then also stayed there and could be harvested for metal and energy... that way they are bad but also sorta good.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

SinbadEV wrote:It would be cool is ice meteors fell and did damage... but then also stayed there and could be harvested for metal and energy... that way they are bad but also sorta good.
i also had the same idea when i read noruas post, so +1
is it even possible with lua?
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

All I remember is really really hating the meteor maps in OTA. There weren't nano towers back then. :(
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

Hobo Joe wrote:All I remember is really really hating the meteor maps in OTA. There weren't nano towers back then. :(
i said something about this and people thought i was crazy.

idiots!
jK
Spring Developer

Post by jK »

Beherith wrote:These may or may not be what you are looking for:
If you dislike the texture, you can replace with any image and it will tile seamlessly.

10 rocks, of various sizes (not all pictured) with luas and tdfs and a do whatever you want license.
How do they look with extreme reflectivity? (-> Ice Rocks)
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

They look quite shiny :P
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

SinbadEV wrote:It would be cool is ice meteors fell and did damage... but then also stayed there and could be harvested for metal and energy... that way they are bad but also sorta good.
I am also interested in this, has anyone done anything like it?

Return to “Map Creation”