Any additions to the "Battleroom" dialog... - Page 2

Any additions to the "Battleroom" dialog...

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

Ace07

Post by Ace07 »

Here are the updated pics with a different theme installed. I thought I would show you what it would kind of look like in windows. (Even though this is still linux)

One pic is of the server tab and the other is of the map tab. Tell me if I missed something.

zwzsg's list was very long, but I tried to impliment as much as I could. Some of the stuff just wouldn't fit properly because of how it is currently designed however. In particular, having the alliance stances that he talked about would be relatively confusing, and in my opinion, barely used.

Its nice to have clear enemies and allies, and nothing inbetween. Having alliances that overlap (being allied to the people next to you) could get really messy fast. You can mess with the alliances in-game if you really want a crazy game like that (even if you would call it a game).

Also, in-game you should be able to switch resource sharing stances and unit sharing stances.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

If all these are fully functionnal... much kudos to you!

How's the cooperation going with Dange, Jouninkomiko and other people working on the lobby?
Ace07

Post by Ace07 »

The cooperation (currently its just me working on the design) won't start until I get the design done and going. Then, people can start coding it however they would like. I wanted to get a basic framework setup so that it will be easier to work with. Right now, I am simply designing the GUI, which is the first step in building the framework.

(Note that currently, this is just a preview and none of it works yet)
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

whoah if this is ANY indication the next update to spring is going ter be HERUUGGE :D can't wait! nice pics btw
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

colors are still missing
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Colours? You should be glad its got a gui at all, it is being coded by linux users after all.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

i mean the army colors..
Ace07

Post by Ace07 »

Nice...I didn't get what you were saying before. I will add colors to it somehow...

(PS: Dang this GUI is getting big. :P )
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

colour of font for player names? colour of font on team choice dropdown?
Ace07

Post by Ace07 »

Color of the players units in game. So that you can distinguish between different armies.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

I knew what was meant, I was providing a solution that would not take any more space in the interface.

You can colour the names of the players in the interface the same as the colour of their units. Or, since teams tend to be the same colour, the team number could just be the colour of the team, or have a dot of color of the team, or a background color of the team (not sure if that's possible in gtk dropdowns or not however)
Ace07

Post by Ace07 »

It can be done that way, but not as easily. It would be best to have a dropdown box that shows an image of the colors allowed. BTW, does anyone know what colors spring has?

Can it be any color?
aTTacK

Post by aTTacK »

i think the TA 256 palette
Torrasque

Post by Torrasque »

Perhaps this can help you :

Code: Select all

teamColor[0][0]=90;
	teamColor[0][1]=90;
	teamColor[0][2]=255;

teamColor[1][0]=255;
	teamColor[1][1]=80;
	teamColor[1][2]=80;

teamColor[2][0]=255;
	teamColor[2][1]=255;
	teamColor[2][2]=255;

teamColor[3][0]=70;
	teamColor[3][1]=220;
	teamColor[3][2]=70;

teamColor[4][0]=10;
	teamColor[4][1]=10;
	teamColor[4][2]=220;

teamColor[5][0]=150;
	teamColor[5][1]=10;
	teamColor[5][2]=180;  

teamColor[6][0]=255;
	teamColor[6][1]=255;
	teamColor[6][2]=0;

teamColor[7][0]=60;
	teamColor[7][1]=60;
	teamColor[7][2]=60;

teamColor[8][0]=140;
	teamColor[8][1]=190;
	teamColor[8][2]=255;

teamColor[9][0]=160;
	teamColor[9][1]=160;
	teamColor[9][2]=145;
Ace07

Post by Ace07 »

Code: Select all

[TEAM0]		//players in this will share the same units (start with one cmd etc)
	{
		TeamLeader=x;			// player number that is the "leader"
		AllyTeam=number;
		Color=number;
		Side=Arm/Core;			//other sides possible with user mods i suppose
		Handicap=0-100;			//Percent bonus on all resources collected ?		
	}
Color= ??

Possibly its just the actual integer number of the RGB value. I guess I could do some testing...but meh....
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

I remember posting that picture:
Lobby_Colors.gif
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

I wonder, would it be possible to send «ping»?

I mean, click a «ping» button, then somewhere on the windows and the others would hear a sound and see on the window a circle drawed with a thin line increasing and decreasing in size to call attention.

For example, to make «pings» to the ready buttons...
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

Suggestion: Put the weirder, more advanced features under a seperate
"Advanced Features" button- stuff like map hardness, unit LOS, etc etc. In fact, i would suggest you keep the default battle room as bare as possible- mainly to not intimidate newbs.
Rayden

Post by Rayden »

In general the noob will ignore everything he doesn't know, so i think it's enough if you just set good default settings
Ace07

Post by Ace07 »

PauloMorfeo wrote:I wonder, would it be possible to send «ping»?

I mean, click a «ping» button, then somewhere on the windows and the others would hear a sound and see on the window a circle drawed with a thin line increasing and decreasing in size to call attention.

For example, to make «pings» to the ready buttons...
When the host hits the start button it should notify everyone in the room that the host wants to start. If people don't hit ready, the game won't start. In fact, its pointless for the game to start if there is even one person missing. It totally ruins the game.

Dragon: That is actually a good idea. I was kind of running out of room. I might just leave it as is for now though. Its a lot of work moving stuff around (because you have to rename all the stuff you move).

I just have to work on the Mod tab. What does everyone want in the mod tab?

I am thinking of including:

- Picture
- Description
- List of files the mod uses
- 5 Changeable mod settings (the mod can define them somewhere later, they won't be useable in the first couple versions)

Return to “Engine”