98.0: Boost filesystem version compile error on Fedora 20.

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

gilboa

Post by gilboa »

Hello all,

I'm the Fedora spring maintainer.
I'm trying to get 98 built and tested.

While building spring I'm getting the following errors:

Code: Select all

[ 47%] Building CXX object tools/unitsync/CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/__/__/rts/System/FileSystem/RapidHandler.cpp.o
cd /home/gilboa/work/redhat/BUILD/spring_98.0/tools/unitsync && /usr/lib64/ccache/c++   -DBITMAP_NO_OPENGL -DBOOST_NO_FENV_H -DHEADLESS -DNOT_USING_CREG -DNO_SOUND -DSPRING_DATADIR=\"/usr/share/spring\" -DSTREFLOP_SSE -DSYNCCHECK -DUNITSYNC -DUSE_LIBSQUISH -D_GLIBCXX_USE_NANOSLEEP -D_RANDOM_TCC -Dunitsync_EXPORTS -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches  -m64 -mtune=generic -DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION=2             -fuse-ld=gold  -std=gnu++11 -mtune=generic -msse -mfpmath=sse -mno-sse2 -mno-sse3 -mno-ssse3 -mno-sse4.1 -mno-sse4.2 -mno-sse4 -mno-sse4a -mno-avx -mno-fma -mno-fma4 -mno-xop -mno-lwp -mno-avx2 -fsingle-precision-constant -frounding-math -mieee-fp -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing  -fvisibility=hidden  -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -pthread  -O2      -Wno-unknown-pragmas -DNDEBUG -g -fPIC -I/home/gilboa/work/redhat/BUILD/spring_98.0/include/SDL2 -I/home/gilboa/work/redhat/BUILD/spring_98.0/tools/unitsync/../../rts/lib/lua/include -I/home/gilboa/work/redhat/BUILD/spring_98.0/tools/unitsync/../../rts/lib/7zip -I/home/gilboa/work/redhat/BUILD/spring_98.0/tools/unitsync/../../rts -I/home/gilboa/work/redhat/BUILD/spring_98.0/src-generated/engine    -fpic -o CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/__/__/rts/System/FileSystem/RapidHandler.cpp.o -c /home/gilboa/work/redhat/BUILD/spring_98.0/rts/System/FileSystem/RapidHandler.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/boost/filesystem.hpp:15:0,
                 from /home/gilboa/work/redhat/BUILD/spring_98.0/rts/System/FileSystem/FileSystemAbstraction.cpp:21:
/usr/include/boost/filesystem/config.hpp:16:5: error: #error Compiling Filesystem version 3 file with BOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION defined != 3
 #   error Compiling Filesystem version 3 file with BOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION defined != 3
     ^
Now, I assume CMake is pulling -DBOOT_FILESYSTEM_VERSION=2 somehow.
Any idea what's broken?
Will adding add_definitions(-DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION=3) in the main CMakefiles do the job?

- Gilboa
abma
Spring Developer

Re: 98.0: Boost filesystem version compile error on Fedora 2

Post by abma »

when grepping through spring's source i can't find any reference of BOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION. is your buildscript setting/adding it as compile flag?

can you provide the full output of the compile log?

where does "-DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION=2" come from?
Will adding add_definitions(-DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION=3) in the main CMakefiles do the job?
no... it shouldn't be set/used at all.
gilboa

Post by gilboa »

abma wrote:when grepping through spring's source i can't find any reference of BOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION. is your buildscript setting/adding it as compile flag?

can you provide the full output of the compile log?

where does "-DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION=2" come from?
no... it shouldn't be set/used at all.
Must likely its being pulled by Fedora build system.
I'll contact the Fedora boost maintainer.

Full compile log attached.

- Gilboa
Attachments
build.log.bz2
Build log.
(51.63 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

yep, one of the first lines:
+ export 'CFLAGS=-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic -DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION=2'
gilboa

Post by gilboa »

abma wrote:yep, one of the first lines:
+ export 'CFLAGS=-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic -DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION=2'
Just saw it.
Gaah.

EDIT: Found it, issue with idiot sitting between the chair and the keyboard.

Sorry for the noise.

Oh, any idea why make install doesn't 'install' libpr-downloader_shared.so to /usr/lib?
I can manually copy it by hand, but is it intended?

- Gilboa

Return to “Engine”