fatal error

fatal error

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

bulkovsky

fatal error

Post by bulkovsky »

Hi,

I have problem, because when I join and want to build metal extractor, game crashed.

FATAL ERROR
Attachments
error.jpg
(490.34 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Silentwings

Re: fatal error

Post by Silentwings »

Find your infolog.txt, pastebin it, and link us to it.
bulkovsky

Post by bulkovsky »

Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Your gfx card is not able to handle spring on it's normal settings (it looks as though it has problems with some of the shaders). So you'll need to turn off some of the options.

1) Run "spring.exe --safemode" from a command line, then choose a map/game if needed and start a singleplayer game. See if you can play for a short time without getting the error.
2) Assuming that works, take a look at http://springrts.com/wiki/Springsettings.cfg. The column on the right tells you what safemode does - with a bit of guessing and testing you can find out which setting is causing you problems and change it to match what safemode uses. You can change settings by running spring.exe directly and choosing "edit settings", then you have a long list.

As a first guess, try disabling AdvMapShading and/or AdvUnitShading.
bulkovsky

Post by bulkovsky »

I have that disabled what is in right column and game works good in safemode, but when I run game in spring(multiplayer) it is making the same like before.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

If there is a difference it is probably due to
Using configuration source: "C:\Users\pc\Documents\My Games\Spring\springsettings.cfg"
Using additional configuration source: "C:\Users\pc\Documents\Spring\springsettings.cfg"
Changing the settings via spring.exe will only change one of these, but when you start spring via lobby (instead of manually with spring.exe) it will read both - find out which one this is and delete the other.
bulkovsky

Post by bulkovsky »

doesnt work
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

then paste infolog.txt again please.

Return to “Help & Bugs”