Spring lobby not showing games.

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Nicb1

Post by Nicb1 »

Recently I have been trying to get various games working with spring lobby, since some of the third party lobbys were causing some issues. But for some reason the lobby refuses to show any maps or games. If I launch spring it picks up the games fine but the lobby won't show anything. This is in the portable version of spring 97, although I have also tried it with some earlier versions of spring.
The lobby version is 0.196. Even if you download the maps and games using the spring lobby itself, they still dont show up.

I'm thinking that the lobby is just referring to an obscure location due to a previous install, although I have no idea where to change the settings if this is the case.

I have tried putting the game files in every possible location, including the games folder in my docs/my games and in the games folder in the spring directory.
I'm not sure exactly why this is happening and would greatly appreciate any help.
If you need me to post any details let me know.
abma
Spring Developer

Re: Spring lobby not showing games.

Post by abma »

very likely springlobby doesn't find your spring installation. to verify check help->system info in springlobby. "Current unitsync" has to be sth. like /home/abma/.spring/engine/96.0/libunitsync.so

in edit->preferences->spring you can see which spring installations it uses.
Nicb1

Post by Nicb1 »

Thanks for the help. Finally managed to get the lobby to pick up the games and maps.
Had to specify the location of the unitsync.dll file in the settings.
ashley1

Post by ashley1 »

I wish I could report which verison is it, but the help command is of no help to find the version..........

_________
Unlike scam Brain Dumps and itil wikipedia training program, our best Stanford University and IBM online training courses provide you quick success in first try of LPI
Last edited by ashley1 on 25 Sep 2014, 14:20, edited 1 time in total.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

help -> about

Return to “Help & Bugs”