SpringLobby - Error on saving settings [Solved]

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Sareth

Post by Sareth »

I have a (probably local) bug in the SpringLobby, when trying to save changes in the Spring Settings.

Installing Spring_096.0 and Updating the Lobby to 0.194 worked like a charm, no problems at all.
Opening Settings, switching to expert mode, everything's still fine.
Changing some settings and then trying to save it and this error message pops up:

(translation from german: "Could not save: unitsync was not correctly loaded")

Upon clicking "OK" the settings-window closes and the settings reverse to old state.
This happens every time I try to change and save the settings.
I've installed 096.0 over my old version of Spring, but tried a 'clean' install as well, didn't help.

Lobby Version is: "Spring Lobby 0.194"
Spring Version is: "Spring_096.0"
Spring is installed in D:\Program Files (x86)\Spring

System:
GPU: ATI Radeon HD5850 (<- I know Spring has a history with ATI-related bugs, so I guess this should go here...)

I would be really grateful for some help...

----

Solved(?)

I tried to open a singleplayer match to test the performance, (which didn't work, since the Lobby's dropdownmenus refused to offer me any of the maps/games I had installed)

So after that failed I joined an empty battleroom, the Lobby downloaded the map and *PLOIK* suddenly the dropdownmenus are filled with my stuff and the settings save properly...

Apparently joining a random battleroom solved this... god knows how, but it worked for me.

Return to “Help & Bugs”