micro lag issues every 30s

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Nexus

Post by Nexus »

Hello,

Where can i download the latest and stable spring-MT.exe ??

Nex
Last edited by abma on 21 May 2014, 02:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: adjusted topic
Beherith

Re: Spring-MT.exe

Post by Beherith »

Sorry, there is no more spring-mt that you are used to pre-96.0, because it created unsustainable maintainability issues. Spring now uses threadpool by default to multithread some parts of it.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

There may be some alternate versions of the verse, where they still dev it- but due to there beeing no complexity, you will get tangled by something completely other :)

Its a little bit sad still though..
It was a completely diffrent fork, with a live of its own..
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

Oh Okay, thanks for your replies (and sorry for my bad english)

I've got a good PC rig and my Balanced Annihilation games have some micro lag issues every 30s :?
That's why i asked this.
rattus

Post by rattus »

Nexus wrote:have some micro lag issues every 30s
I don't think Spring MT would help in such a situation. Spring MT would however help if you want to play a game that is faster (gamespeed > 1) and/or has a ridiculous amount of units (10-20 K). Some people like such games, while some hate them...

Micro lag every X seconds can be caused by graphics driver glitch, for example it stutters when a specific taskbar icon updates. Try to kill as many processes as you can (including explorer.exe if you are on Windows) and see if the problem remains.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

I've got a good PC rig and my Balanced Annihilation games have some micro lag issues every 30s
The load spring puts on during a game is pretty stable - its very unlikely that you would get load spikes every 30 secs or so. At a guess, I'd say it's more likely that you've got heat trouble or suchlike.
Anarchid

Re: micro lag issues every 30s

Post by Anarchid »

Active LogFlush together with slow HDD?

Return to “Help & Bugs”