Setup script missing? (springlobby) - Page 2

Setup script missing? (springlobby)

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

SinbadEV

Re: Setup script missing? (springlobby)

Post by SinbadEV »

Zantza wrote:I noticed yesterday that the game works perfectly when launching it straight with spring.exe. Also, the user name "Käyttäjä" problem is rather odd, since i think my previous computer had the same user name with the letters ä. But as the game has got updated i guess this has become a problem then.
SinbadEV wrote: Further... If it's spring, shouldn't it be possible to specify the engine run entirely from the D drive? (AKA Springsettings.cfg located next to spring.exe with a SpringData location on the same drive)
How would i do this?
First thing then would be to try a different lobby (start with weblobby.springrts.com ) because if it is springlobby that is causing the problem that will get around it.

Someone else would probably be able to do a better job of explaining how to make a proper portable install but something like:

Find where all of your spring/springlobby related "stuff*" is being stored and move it all to directories on D:\ (for example D:\springlobby\ and D:\springdata\Games and D:\springdata\Maps )

*("stuff" like C:\Users\Käyttäjä\AppData\Roaming\springlobby\ and C:\Users\Käyttäjä\Documents\My Games\Spring\ )

then, find the Springsettings.cfg file (which is likely in C:\Users\Käyttäjä\Documents\My Games\Spring\ and move it to your D:\spring\ directory or whatever.

Then open that Springsettings.cfg (in any text editor) and find the line that says "SpringData" and change it to only point at wherever you put your Maps and Games.
Zantza

Post by Zantza »

It's working now. I just reinstalled it in portable mode, did some twinkering with it and wazaam it works :D
Alex_cider

Post by Alex_cider »

Same problem just happened to me, but the weird thing is that i played 1 match before it bugged out like this
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

idk how you get into this problems but for the next release this should be fixed.

it happens because unitsync returns for some reason an empty springdata dir (see help->system info in springlobby).

next release of springlobby will use the springlobby config dir for script txt, as this dir is always set.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

springlobby 0.199 released. this problem is hopefully fixed:
http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=31224

Return to “Help & Bugs”