What are your favorite work shoes?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Post by smoth »

nunn bush dress flex

easy to take care of, combination of leather and rubber sole and doesn't leave my feet sore and they are cheapish
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Re: What are your favorite work shoes?

Post by KaiserJ »

clarks wallaby all the way.

also i like hush puppies

but who am i kidding, i do all of my work in beat-ass old sneakers or concrete coated steeltoes
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

KaiserJ wrote:clarks wallaby all the way.

also i like hush puppies

but who am i kidding, i do all of my work in beat-ass old sneakers or concrete coated steeltoes

Good old honesty. Srsly, im impressing noone, no matter what clothing i wear, so yeah, its jeans, tshirt and seakers for me. Sounds unprofessional?
Well you are not selling customers a picture of you. You are selling the sweet relieve from stress and trouble when you arrive. In the banking sector you have to wear that suit, because you are basically putting up a show to rip off people (the mathematicians writting the algos behind it all mostly dont care for suits too.)

So the moment you try to put up a show, you lost.
Same goes for everyone who is taking that as-a-ticket out for a lack of selfdiscipline.
"Dont need that shower and stainfree clothes, because code doesent smell, and the people in hell (aka rl) cant tell." so im living happy in the middle.

Got a black jeans and black shoes for funerals though. So you see me wearin these, the day you get underground :D
smoth

Post by smoth »

Don't agree, if you are working client facing, yes, you need to be dressed a professional. For my work I am part consultant part developer, we are expected to be at least polo and slacks. However, that may be american corporate attitude. It may be different in different countries though, I am mildly curious about what the context of your rant is within.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I can wear whatever I like

Though I tend to wear converse
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

smoth wrote:Don't agree, if you are working client facing, yes, you need to be dressed a professional. For my work I am part consultant part developer, we are expected to be at least polo and slacks. However, that may be american corporate attitude. It may be different in different countries though, I am mildly curious about what the context of your rant is within.
Im sort of allergic to coporate suit. Found it suited pretenders and big_mouths that you can buy yourself a black_silk flashbang. If you dont want to go that way you may be looked down upon for some time but after a while people can adapt to you not adapting. So its basically a choice to give up a freedom, for what?
smoth

Post by smoth »

I don't agree.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

well thats your position. But actually i dont want to argue about that. If you think it is better for your buisness, and that buisness supports peoples life, and therefore there freedom to be productive... the travell happy on the road you choose.

I stay on mine.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Sneans Picasso? I didn't know you were an American. :P
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

white reebok classics
Petah

Post by Petah »

I either where jandals or bare feet
smoth

Post by smoth »

Petah wrote:jandals
Wow, I wikid that and you learn something every day.. we just call them flip flops here.
Panda

Post by Panda »

AF wrote:I can wear whatever I like

Though I tend to wear converse
Those are so pretty!

I wear shoes sort of like these for teaching:
smoth

Post by smoth »

Panda wrote:Those are so pretty!
uh oh af, panda is expecting pictures
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

If my sisters are anything to go by, those shoes look good but they don't last, but then they shop at primark a lot so I guess quality is lost on them..
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

when bar work, whatever black shoe was on sale at clarks last time I did a shoe run. when teaching, whatever trainers were on sale at clarks last time I did a shoe run. Who gives a crap about shoes? Women who like to accessorise maybe, but anyone else has explaining to do.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:when bar work, whatever black shoe was on sale at clarks last time I did a shoe run. when teaching, whatever trainers were on sale at clarks last time I did a shoe run. Who gives a crap about shoes? Women who like to accessorise maybe, but anyone else has explaining to do.
Comfortable shoes make your feet hurt less after a long day or a tough run.
Durable shoes save you money in the end.
Shoes that look nice help you impress others and pick you up whenever you look down.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:anyone else has explaining to do.

here are my 8 most favoured pairs of shoes. there are some sandals jammed in there too. i would include a pic of my shoe closet but i fear i've already given you too much to work with

WHY do i have so many shoes? the answer is twofold. when i was younger i skateboarded every day; wreck a pair of shoes every month... so i would stay a month ahead... buy a fresh pair, wear them for a month, then the old ones are too beat up to wear around, so the cycle continues. my feet are addicted to fresh shoes.

the second bit is that having a nice clean pair of kicks makes it really easy to get into superficial girls pants. do i like said girls very much? no. BUT, i do like having sex with them, and buying a pair of shoes is much easier than (and possibly supplemental to) sweet-talking your way into their pants. i approach women the way the USA approached the vietnam war. haven't bought a pair since i got a steady girlfriend.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

lol I have never encountered these girls who are seduced by clean shoes before... obvs need to buy some new shoes!
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

you need a skateboard in addition.

Buy shoes get a superficial girl in addition. Sounds like a deal to me. Or is this.
Spam?
They got to Kaiser, and his zombified PC tricked him into making a photo of his shoes - and now its trying to sell us - his used shoes, by using the ultimate trigger for horny nerds.

Thus true SPAM-AI tampered with the spring board for the first time.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”