Go play Bastion now!!

Go play Bastion now!!

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

BaNa

Go play Bastion now!!

Post by BaNa »

Bastion is, well, incredible. Gameplay-wise, it basically is a third person hack and slash - rpg, with wonderful painted settings and a unique world. The soundtrack is epic on its own. The way the story unfolds, you never have to pause for long amounts of time to incorporate walls of text, but you probably have a more visceral bind to the world by the end of it all than in any other rpg. And that is because a narrator narrates the whole game, even commenting on your performance in it sometimes. Anyway, go and check it out. As a man who pirates any and all things, I will be buying this game because it is just too damn touching.

Spoiler

The part just before the ending is honestly my best moment in gaming history, the fact that you got to discover the depth and cause of the calamity and then you are given a chance to symbolically undo it (and the ura acknowledge it), it blew my mind.
rattle
Damned Developer

Re: Go play Bastion now!!

Post by rattle »

Finished it twice, 32 hours played. Was rather short but good.. not really much of an RPG, more like a story that is told by a good voice actor.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Loved it, one of the few titles I've played through to the end during the past decade, though I stopped just before completion. I don't think I've completed a legitimate single player game in five or six years.
dimm

Post by dimm »

The gameplay looks worse than say lost saga. Looks alot like a better version of spiral knights.....
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

They're entirely different genre; Lost Saga is a fighting game, Spiral Knights is a party based MMO, and Bastion is an action adventure. I mean, Spiral Knights is much like Legend Of Zelda: Four Swords, while Bastion bears more similarity to a story driven Legend Of Zelda like Link's Awakening or Link To The Past.
dimm

Post by dimm »

And if Bastion had parties it would be party-based and if you could deathmatch other players it would be a fighter(brawler).
Btw dont ever play spiral knights cause its really an asian mmorpg.
Yahtzee put bastion in his top 5 but he made an excuse as to why.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”