Artistic sense of entitlement - Page 3

Artistic sense of entitlement

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: Artistic sense of entitlement

Post by PicassoCT »

Im still waiting for the virgins to be sacrificed at the sacrificial altar to my godlike (f)arts.

Really, respect those who dont want to share art. Is okay. Not good but okay. Bad is when people start overwhelming drama, because they bash copy-pasters for there dream coming apart of one day working in the oh-so-great-gameindustry. Face it, you will never walk the deadline together with Captain Crunch.

If somebody steelz copyrighted art, post a information post, inform the moderators, and person will be pm, his mod unhosted and he himself (should he insist on further shame upon his head) perma-banned.

Just dont make a drama, especially not one, were you take industry positions and try to make a OS-Comunity swallow it. We wont.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Acutyally if you sample now you have to pay for rights.

I chose lyrics because we are talking about the usage of something in creation not usage from an end user which is mp3.
Panda

Post by Panda »

I like how lyrics and music can be shared unless the person trying to sing the song completely ruins it and makes original song and singer look bad. Otherwise, remakes can be a great compliment to the original singer or writer. Not many songs are very long lived or appreciated to that extent. Even cultural songs like lullabies that are meant to be passed on from generation to generation can be forgotten.

Songs are also a great tool for bringing people together meaning that they're meant to be shared to some extent, not just admired from afar. However, if the situation arises and you intend to make money off of a remake of a song that you created using another singer's lyrics or music, it is best if you ask the original singer and/or song writer's permission if they're still alive to make sure there are no hard feelings. The actual art of creating music does take up the artists time and involves them pouring their heart into making the song, something that a lot of people have a great deal of difficulty doing. Besides, if you like that song that much, wouldn't it be great to talk to the original singer or songwriter? They could help you out even more by giving you background information which is always useful when creating music. Overall, it's best to just be considerate when it comes to that.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Guys was talking about 100 percent total unashamed ripoff
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Got to condem those guys who spend half-there-life ripping other peoples work off. Your evilz are inferior. Take it, warp it, troll the dev.

Im announcin my Pygmy-Gundam-Mod. And D-evolution.
knorke

Post by knorke »

getting a notice is boost for epenis: nice to see if others reuse your stuff.
ie another map with lava gadget? - cool!
If somebody decided to make "Spring Tanks 2": lame.
Probally others can make the same game better and faster (<-ok not sure on fast seeing how everything always takes years) than me but I would think "reuse whatever parts you need but WTF get your own project." Because I mostly enjoy working on the game and whats the point of doing that if the same thing already exists?

But realisticly, you can not do anything if your model/texture/script/map/idea... gets stolen. Drama maybe.

Also if A makes something and B reuses it, it is nice if B puts some text with a link/credits so C can ask the original creator for recent advances (like fixed bugs etc)
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

I diserve woman, money, praise and honey - and all i got was board.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”