What are you Watching?

What are you Watching?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

SinbadEV

What are you Watching?

Post by SinbadEV »

(Inspired by a recent spam topic)

This is like a cross between the "what are you listening to?" and the "movie recommendation" thread.

So, what TV shows or Web Series or Anime have you been watching recently/is great?

I think my top recommendation right now would be "VGHS Season 1". It's a near future Sci-Fi set in a teen-drama-parody high school where the country's best gamers hone their skills.

After that, basically Tabletop... watch Wil Weaton playing board games... what could be better?

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... ature=plcp
Jazcash

Re: What are you Watching?

Post by Jazcash »

SinbadEV wrote: I think my top recommendation right now would be "VGHS Season 1". It's a near future Sci-Fi set in a teen-drama-parody high school where the country's best gamers hone their skills.
I watched each episode as they were released and I guess it was Ok. Freddie should prolly stick to his short YouTube clips though, the whole thing felt really cheesy to me :s

I'm really only watching Breaking Bad atm
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Jazcash wrote:
SinbadEV wrote: I think my top recommendation right now would be "VGHS Season 1". It's a near future Sci-Fi set in a teen-drama-parody high school where the country's best gamers hone their skills.
I watched each episode as they were released and I guess it was Ok. Freddie should prolly stick to his short YouTube clips though, the whole thing felt really cheesy to me :s

I'm really only watching Breaking Bad atm
Yeah... I think you'd probably have to like cheesy to enjoy VGHS... that said, if you DO enjoy cheesy... http://5secondfilms.com/ is exactly what you are looking for.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

Ross Kemps' Extreme World
and the dvds of 30 Rock with my girlfriend
Panda

Post by Panda »

"Fairytale" anime. :-)
gajop

Post by gajop »

Panda wrote:"Fairytale" anime. :-)
reported.
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

Breaking Bad is pretty amazing altough the new season is starting off a bit slow. Especially compared to how the previous one ended.

I encourage you to check out a new show called Newsroom. I think its great, up until now every episode was top notch.
Funkencool

Post by Funkencool »

Archer is probably in my top ten along with a few other FX shows e.g. the League, Always sunny, wilfred, Justified, and Louie. They really seem to know a good show when they see one.
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

I've been waiting for the Strike Back's season 3. For those who haven't heard of it before:
The series follows the actions of Section 20, a secret branch of the British Secret Intelligence Service (MI6), particularly two of its officers, Michael Stonebridge (Winchester) and former American Delta Force operative Damian Scott (Stapleton).
If you're a fan of war/action series/movies, then this one is a must see. Third season starts 17th of this month.
Rumpelstiltskin

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

"The Wire".
Very good.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:"The Wire".
Very good.
Yo, omar is comin, yo.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Watched the raven tonight. It was surprisingly not sucky quIte good even. I wouldn't watch it again. Not a lot of replay value, but it was an interesting diversion.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Forboding Angel wrote:Watched the raven tonight. It was surprisingly not sucky quIte good even. I wouldn't watch it again. Not a lot of replay value, but it was an interesting diversion.
For a minute there I thought you were talking about the spin-off of the Highlander spin-off show (Highlander: The Raven)...
dimm

Post by dimm »

http://ran88dom99.listal.com/all/tv/1/? ... ating-desc
also a lot of abridged series
The raven the movie?
thx for VGHS
Rumpelstiltskin

PicassoCT wrote:
Rumpelstiltskin wrote:"The Wire".
Very good.
Yo, omar is comin, yo.
Why did they have to kill Stringer...
Anyway, The Wire is probably one of the best written series ever, and surely HBO's best series.
Rumpelstiltskin

TheMightyOne wrote: I encourage you to check out a new show called Newsroom. I think its great, up until now every episode was top notch.
Newsroom is ok but its so over dramatic, so fantastic...
It would be very hard for me to believe such characters exist somewhere in real life...
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Oh Man!

I have recently been catching up with Matt Smith's run on Doctor Who. This is one of those "just watch it" type of deals... seriously... even if you haven't been a fan of the 2005 reboot you should give it another chance starting with season 5... though ideally you should watch every episode ever.

For those who know nothing about the show it's kinda like Serenity meets Back to the Future... except self-congratulatingly british and with more Star Wars style aliens.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Hell yeah Dr. Who. Even Tennent grew on me by the end.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”