MINECRAFT IS NOW BETA! - Page 8

MINECRAFT IS NOW BETA!

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Gota

Re: MINECRAFT IS NOW BETA!

Post by Gota »

Jazcash wrote:
Gota wrote: He also needs to add earthquakes and natural disasters so built stuff breaks down after a while.
It's a good thing you have no input into Minecraft's development whatsoever.
What?I want earthquakes to deal with the worlds where youv like made huge structures in and its built fully..
You need something to distabilize the world and break it apart again or randomize it a bit...otherwise its done...nothing to do in it.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Gota wrote:heh...are you serious?
Its the equivelent of taking Gundam and removeing all the wepaons and unit stats ans dallow them to just roam around a map and than tell me you dont need "objectives" to enjoy it..

Or not allowing one to kill units or win...and than tell me well go play enjoy it...its a free open Gundma world...free and open but pointless.
in gundam you are not in a free roaming world completely irrelevant comparison.

Again, I have told you before, you will never "get" why people like this game. it isn't in your interest. Just a personality thing.
Gota wrote:You need something to distabilize the world and break it apart again or randomize it a bit...otherwise its done...nothing to do in it.
Creepers.
Gota

Post by Gota »

In gundam you are in a free roaming world...how isit no free?
Make 60x 60 map and there you go..roam as muc has you want...make structures wiht ur builder...spread ur troops to make words ...do whatever u want..enjoy...
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

smoth wrote:Image
Johnsmith tileset +high res fix + ao

FWIW to the whiners about lack of features, mojang recently fixed mp to allow for boats, carts, inventory, monsters, damage, less lagging mining, skin support, hell, biomes, better inventory, fixed ovens, all mp improvements, shortly before most of you started playing. This was all major work and has added to the game greatly. It isn't that he isn't working it is just that many of you don't appreciate the amount of work that has been going on. It makes me sad and reminds me why there SHOULD be a barrier between players and developers. Largely players take developers for granted.
I play Gundam, the old Version 1.26, and there have been no recent advances since months. I mean what is the dev-team behind it thinking? I paid a lot of time, and they dont update on a daily basis..

Which reminds me, we got to add this to the lobby. A loading bar with the text "Your Version of spring is now auto-upgraded. Read the full (1024 sites long channelog here. (which noone ever reads)" That should last for a minute. Its the same thing with half-life and steam, the download content every other day, again and again, its a simulation of work, we do someting for our players, we never sleep, we are there for you 24daysin7years

DF will integrated, or Notch will have a unfortunate smelting accident!
Gota

Post by Gota »

I guess giving df a 3d look like minecraft's is a huge task otherwise it would have been done already.
I mean i cant imagine it being very hard to create such simple art for cubes even with the many types DF has...
Seriously though the guy behind DF should totaly hire a crew and make it 3d with proper interface and ill pay a full retail price and put my copy of minecraft on the shelf.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Gota wrote:Seriously though the guy behind DF should totaly hire a crew and make it 3d with proper interface and ill pay a full retail price put my copy of minecraft on the shelf.
DF is free, isnt it? how do you think he gets the money to hire a crew, each programmer guy costs 10000Ôé¼ a month... (not even exaggerated)
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

ITT: some people who fail to understand that one of the reasons minecrafts art style is the way it is, is due to how resource hungry it is similarly to DF.

You just can't make it 3D zzzz.
Gota

Post by Gota »

TradeMark wrote:
Gota wrote:Seriously though the guy behind DF should totaly hire a crew and make it 3d with proper interface and ill pay a full retail price put my copy of minecraft on the shelf.
DF is free, isnt it? how do you think he gets the money to hire a crew, each programmer guy costs 10000Ôé¼ a month... (not even exaggerated)
First of all there are unqualified programmers that are skilled but get much less and he can also offer % of revenue....
He does get money from donations..obviously not much but i think you can find some young programmers that might want ot take the risk and work for low price and shares.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Otherside wrote:ITT: some people who fail to understand that one of the reasons minecrafts art style is the way it is, is due to how resource hungry it is similarly to DF.

But DF is already 3d..right?i mean calculation wise...Just not gfx wise...so why cant it e made in the same way minecraft is made..
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Otherside wrote:ITT: some people who fail to understand that one of the reasons minecrafts art style is the way it is, is due to how resource hungry it is similarly to DF.

hahaha... says a non programmer ?

making better textures for minecraft wouldnt make the rendering any slower at all.

rendering 3d isnt the bottleneck.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

He could open up a studio in India. Indian programmers are only Ôé¼1000/month. That's a very good deal. It's easier to find good Java programmers these days than good C/C++ programmers because all the universities have switched to teaching Java in the beginning of their CS programs.

Also Minecraft has HD texture packs with 4x as much resolution. Those don't have much of a performance impact. The game is actually said to be badly optimized, and that's why the performance is so bad. Notch has himself said he's not really a great programmer.
Gota

Post by Gota »

TradeMark wrote:

hahaha... says a non programmer ?

making better textures for minecraft wouldnt make the rendering any slower at all.

rendering 3d isnt the bottleneck.
I totaly thought it was Aegis and only now noticed it was Otherside.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

lol :D

Here's a map to my place:
http://i53.tinypic.com/654ghk.png
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

smoth wrote:feel your pain IK, wait until you fuck up and lose a diamond pick to a gravel/sand cave-in.
I lost a diamond sword, pick axe & shovel, a compass, a bunch of metal, a set of iron tools, a saddle, a bunch of gold bricks, a full set of gold armour... all to the one lava

and im certain my house will have been looted in my absence

RAGEIN'
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Same for me, except I lost it all on my first trip to the Nether.

Build your portal AT GROUND LEVEL, kids...
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

good news, I rejoined the server and sweated in the mines for many hard, dark hours until I at last had a new set of gear, then I at last set to making myself a home worthy of my time commitment

so let me tell you about my house

fuck minecraft.
smoth

Post by smoth »

what server are you on?
Teutooni

Post by Teutooni »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:good news, I rejoined the server and sweated in the mines for many hard, dark hours until I at last had a new set of gear, then I at last set to making myself a home worthy of my time commitment

so let me tell you about my house

fuck minecraft.
Your house looks fine from orbit...
EDIT: Oops, the pic was outdated by 30min or so >_>

smoth wrote:what server are you on?
minecraft.zydox.se
Last edited by Teutooni on 10 Jan 2011, 21:24, edited 2 times in total.
smoth

Post by smoth »

what assholes are on that server? I am seriously glad I didn't join you guys.
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

I bought this yesterday. Looking for a server to play on. I hopped on zydox for a few minutes and did not find anyone. Anyone have a server they don't mind me on?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”