MINECRAFT IS NOW BETA! - Page 7

MINECRAFT IS NOW BETA!

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Baladin

Re: MINECRAFT IS NOW BETA!

Post by Baladin »

Gota wrote:How do listen to people if everyone has his own opinion...Im not even sure how a dev can "listen" to the community unless there are glaring game breaking stuff which are annoying to the vast majority.

For example if you ask me Id prefer if minecraft became more of a zombie killing where creeps would try and kill you and assult your stuff and not just fumble around mmo style.
Ofcourse, but theres always going to be suggestions that stand out more than others and that everyone can agree would improve gameplay alot. Ill admit a creeper defence type mini game would be cool though.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

game needs more goldfarming and is way to hard. Also should be more scifi and less boxxy. Oh, and cut the crafting and you should be able to add a full autominer, that does all that annoying work for you, so you can concentrate on, wait why does this game force me to concentrate at all. Cant we have minecraft as consolegame, were you just hit three buttons in a row, and magic aimbots and sfx take you to another world?

Rant a gamedesign
Attachments
homer-car.gif
homer-car.gif (19.77 KiB) Viewed 2380 times
smoth

Post by smoth »

Johnsmith tileset +high res fix + ao

FWIW to the whiners about lack of features, mojang recently fixed mp to allow for boats, carts, inventory, monsters, damage, less lagging mining, skin support, hell, biomes, better inventory, fixed ovens, all mp improvements, shortly before most of you started playing. This was all major work and has added to the game greatly. It isn't that he isn't working it is just that many of you don't appreciate the amount of work that has been going on. It makes me sad and reminds me why there SHOULD be a barrier between players and developers. Largely players take developers for granted.
Gota

Post by Gota »

smoth wrote:Image

FWIW to the whiners about lack of features, mojang recently fixed mp to allow for boats, carts, inventory, monsters, damage, less lagging mining, skin support, hell, biomes, better inventory, fixed ovens, all mp improvements, shortly before most of you started playing. This was all major work and has added to the game greatly. It isn't that he isn't working it is just that many of you don't appreciate the amount of work that has been going on. It makes me sad and reminds me why there SHOULD be a barrier between players and developers. Largely players take developers for granted.
ehh...this isnt a free game.
Its not about features its about gameplay.
He also needs to add earthquakes and natural disasters so built stuff breaks down after a while.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Gota wrote:ehh...this isnt a free game.
He also needs to add earthquakes and natural disasters so built stuff breaks down after a while.
No, lol.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Gota wrote:ehh...this isnt a free game.
it just became BETA not even a finished release. Come off it.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Gota wrote: He also needs to add earthquakes and natural disasters so built stuff breaks down after a while.
It's a good thing you have no input into Minecraft's development whatsoever.
smoth

Post by smoth »

why even debate it, yan frequently pushed for pants on heads retarded concepts so shit can be LOLHARD so he can feel hardcore and shit.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

im so fucked off, i went on zydox server, got loads of bling, made a house, then fell into lava, lost all my bling, and couldnt find my house again

ffffffffffffffffffFF
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:im so fucked off, i went on zydox server, got loads of bling, made a house, then fell into lava, lost all my bling, and couldnt find my house again

ffffffffffffffffffFF
<3 Minecraft
smoth

Post by smoth »

feel your pain IK, wait until you fuck up and lose a diamond pick to a gravel/sand cave-in.
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:im so fucked off, i went on zydox server, got loads of bling, made a house, then fell into lava, lost all my bling, and couldnt find my house again

ffffffffffffffffffFF
There is a map available at http://www.zydox.se/Minecraft_20110109.png (built everyday at 20:00 CET, just change the date YYYYMMDD)
Perhaps you can see something familiar there?
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Gota wrote:
smoth wrote:Image

ehh...this isnt a free game.
If you pay to betatest, you get to betatest and the developer gets your money.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Notch strikes me as a very down to earth software developer. He listens to feedback and applies a sense of logic to everything he does. He's not a savant algorithm designer and from what I hear from others some of his code can be a bit messy, but where he excels is more in game design anyways. Minecraft is a project that outlines clearly the value of making breathing life into simple content to make the content work harder than the dev time.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I just cannot fathom how people cannot love notch, I mean shit, the halloween update + the beta update were serious additions. The guy consistently delivers.
Gota

Post by Gota »

SwiftSpear wrote: If you pay to betatest, you get to betatest and the developer gets your money.
Im saying he doesnt deserve any extra credit for his work cause he is getting paid, this isnt some free enteprise and he isnt doing it for our pleasure only.
Im sure he is a great guy but im also sure many other commeral devs are working hard crunching near release and all that.
In short i dont give a crap if he works just as hard as commercial devs cause he is suppose to be, all I care about is if the game is goor or not much like with any other game.

What i know for now is thta after buyng it i played it a few hours and basicly seen everything the game has to offer and its not much in any respect.
Minecraft's strongest quality still is its lego like feel and thats it, there isnt much more to it.

@Smoth i dont need the game to be very difficult at all, just have some depth.
All i want is to have some gameplay to have a reason to build giant structures or to dig up into caverns..To improve stats or have some progression...Like having a final score or that by building immens structures or amesing riches you eventually achieve something.
ATM there is no reason to build giant structures or look for diamonds...
They are comletely unnesesary to the game.
smoth

Post by smoth »

you want it to TELL YOU WHAT TO DO with things like OBJECTIVES. I don't.
Gota

Post by Gota »

heh...are you serious?
Its the equivelent of taking Gundam and removeing all the wepaons and unit stats ans dallow them to just roam around a map and than tell me you dont need "objectives" to enjoy it..

Or not allowing one to kill units or win...and than tell me well go play enjoy it...its a free open Gundma world...free and open but pointless.
Last edited by Gota on 10 Jan 2011, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

Aint trying to troll or all, and all i ever tried was a hacked alpha of the game, but to me it was too tedious after a while. I built my castle, hooray, i started up the eco, hooray, and then i just got fucking bored of having to click all the time at blocks. If this game was integrated with DF in some manner i would be all over it, as it currently is, its too much micro. I dont mind the open-endedness.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Sure it would be great if it was part of DF because DF has actual gameplay and apoint ...
You improve and build a gigantic fortress to get more dwarves and repel attackers and make your dwarves happy etc.
Minecraft just has no point nor much gameplay to it...sure you can dig a hole but why..There is nothing there anyway...
Once you are bored with diging and findign random caves thts about it for you..

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”