MINECRAFT IS NOW BETA! - Page 30

MINECRAFT IS NOW BETA!

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Regret

Re: MINECRAFT IS NOW BETA!

Post by Regret »

I am surprised nobody mentioned how Notch recently revealed his plan to sell licenses for Minecraft mod making, only to retract his plan after getting steamrolled by endless objections from the community.

This does pose the question, when is enough money truly enough? He could already do absolutely nothing for the rest of his life and live like a king, yet there's still desire for more.
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

Regret wrote:This does pose the question, when is enough money truly enough? He could already do absolutely nothing for the rest of his life and live like a king, yet there's still desire for more.
If you're into making money, I doubt any value will be enough...

Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Because of overwhelming feedback, the cost of the mod api access will be 0 dollars.

Our intention wasnÔÇÖt to make money off selling the access, only to ensure some level of quality. Obviously that wasnÔÇÖt the most popular idea in the world. ;)

Can I go back to working on the maps now?
anyway, he changed his official statement about using code 3rd time. getting annoying
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Regret wrote:I am surprised nobody mentioned how Notch recently revealed his plan to sell licenses for Minecraft mod making, only to retract his plan after getting steamrolled by endless objections from the community.
well, its not like they want to diss their hero, you know... also if you read this topic from beginning you would know anything negative about notch or minecraft will be treated with bansticks.
Regret wrote:This does pose the question, when is enough money truly enough? He could already do absolutely nothing for the rest of his life and live like a king, yet there's still desire for more.
even if you had 50millions, theres absolutely no guarantee it will remain its value for the next 100 years... or even next 20 years. i wouldnt stop making more money if i got 20millions...
Regret

Post by Regret »

TradeMark wrote:well, its not like they want to diss their hero, you know... also if you read this topic from beginning you would know anything negative about notch or minecraft will be treated with bansticks.
You were temp-banned because you attacked SwiftSpear on account of him warning you for excessive trolling as far as I know, which you did throughout this topic. You can post disagreement/criticism as long as you're civil about it.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

i got several warnings before that because i said minecrap.
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

That is a silly thing to ask. I challenge anyone to "do better" in his shoes.

Would I take money for making CT? I say no now, but what if two million was sitting on the table? Yeah, I'd probably take it.
Regret

Post by Regret »

SanadaUjiosan wrote:That is a silly thing to ask. I challenge anyone to "do better" in his shoes.
Ok. Give me the millions he made and you can be certain I will never ask for more money.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

If Notch is willing to donate thousands to other indie developers and things such as the Humble Bundle, then I have nothing against him for earning so much.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Jazcash wrote:If Notch is willing to donate thousands to other indie developers and things such as the Humble Bundle, then I have nothing against him for earning so much.
where is smoth and pals telling you now: GET OVER IT!!! :?:

lol.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

He is not reincesting his money? So change of planes, cancel the date with notchs niece this evening. Back to grinding, hard work. It was a niece dream, while it lasted.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

so, maps.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

holy... thats a lot of changes. anything spectacular ? didnt have opportunity play it in last months
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

minecraft.zydox.se:25567 is running outdated version? :|
smoth

Post by smoth »

probably. IIRC zydox runs the bucket thing.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

i dont think he is even still hosting it...
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

I would not mind playing this again for a while. Is there a working up to date sever someone can point me to?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I've been playing on mc.plugpayplay.com for about 2 months now.
Panda

Post by Panda »

I just saw this video of a really awesome map in MineCraft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zTtwXQ5PJM

That must have taken a long time to build, but I really like how creative people are getting with this game. That Ghibli World was really complex, fun looking, elaborate, and it looks like a lot of work went into creating such an neat world in this game.

Check out this Underwater City too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c83y8ub ... re=related
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

The update is pretty big, and will change a lot of how Minecraft is played, focusing on making exploration and combat much more rewarding, and bringing in a bigger sense of adventure to the game.

Already implemented are new complex terrain features, at least one new mob, some interesting new combat mechanics, a new lighting engine, and some experimental new gameplay ideas. To come is more interesting farming, bigger incentives to explore, and npc villages.
finally. things i was waiting for. sounds like a good reasons to play MC again (NPC giving quests were already available, but who knows, maybe they will make it even better)

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”