MINECRAFT IS NOW BETA! - Page 9

MINECRAFT IS NOW BETA!

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jazcash

Re: MINECRAFT IS NOW BETA!

Post by Jazcash »

oksnoop2 wrote:I bought this yesterday. Looking for a server to play on. I hopped on zydox for a few minutes and did not find anyone. Anyone have a server they don't mind me on?
Prolly a timezone thing, quite a few people from Spring are on Dox's server now.
Gota

Post by Gota »

when i join i just fall down immediately.
What sort of server is this, hardly any land.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Gota wrote:when i join i just fall down immediately.
What sort of server is this, hardly any land.
That's called lag, move out of Israel.
Gota

Post by Gota »

The moment i start,without moving i just fall down..
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

I built a bridge in the sky that goes all the way to my base. It took around 500 tiles. I had 10 furnaces all burning stone tiles at the same time. It's visible on the map:
http://www.zydox.se/Minecraft_20110110.png
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

that is a very nice bridge there ! *lol*
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Gota wrote:heh...are you serious?
Its the equivelent of taking Gundam and removeing all the wepaons and unit stats ans dallow them to just roam around a map and than tell me you dont need "objectives" to enjoy it..

Or not allowing one to kill units or win...and than tell me well go play enjoy it...its a free open Gundma world...free and open but pointless.
You don't need objectives because there are alot of things you can do and you just decide what is most important to do yourself. Do you build a castle that is impervious to Mobs? do you build something cool to show your friends? do you explore and map the underworld? Do you collect large hoards of valuable materials? You choose.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Mobs aren't even hard though, even on hard mode. Can't wait for Zombie Survival.
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:
smoth wrote:feel your pain IK, wait until you fuck up and lose a diamond pick to a gravel/sand cave-in.
I lost a diamond sword, pick axe & shovel, a compass, a bunch of metal, a set of iron tools, a saddle, a bunch of gold bricks, a full set of gold armour... all to the one lava

and im certain my house will have been looted in my absence

RAGEIN'
That's quite a loss... was that at our server?
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

Zydox wrote:
1v0ry_k1ng wrote:
smoth wrote:feel your pain IK, wait until you fuck up and lose a diamond pick to a gravel/sand cave-in.
I lost a diamond sword, pick axe & shovel, a compass, a bunch of metal, a set of iron tools, a saddle, a bunch of gold bricks, a full set of gold armour... all to the one lava

RAGEIN'
yup

then I signed on the next day and accidently set my house on fire while installing a magma powered lighting feature and lost even more gear, and my storage box burnt down so yeah, pretty much reduced to vagrancy now
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:
Zydox wrote:
1v0ry_k1ng wrote:I lost a diamond sword, pick axe & shovel, a compass, a bunch of metal, a set of iron tools, a saddle, a bunch of gold bricks, a full set of gold armour... all to the one lava

RAGEIN'
yup

then I signed on the next day and accidently set my house on fire while installing a magma powered lighting feature and lost even more gear, and my storage box burnt down so yeah, pretty much reduced to vagrancy now
Quite impressive to get so much stuff in only about 3 hours gameplay, how did you manage that?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

You bastard Ivory. You bastard.
smoth

Post by smoth »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:then I signed on the next day and accidentally set my house on fire while installing a magma powered lighting feature and lost even more gear, and my storage box burnt down so yeah, pretty much reduced to vagrancy now
Lava will set wood on fire if wood is within so many blocks of it. I had the same thing happen in my light house. only use lava in stone and glass structures.
Gota

Post by Gota »

I timeout on zydox server ;_;
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

I'm going to reset the server the 12th around 18CET, due to weird stuff happening... sky bridges, Jazcash beeing robbed and stuff like that...

Anyhow... I've installed the LWC and LogBlock mods.
If anyone wants stuff transfered from this world to the new one, please claim one of the free boxes in spawn with the command "/lwc -c private" and left click on a free box, and I'll give you that stuff in the new map (only one small box per player).

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

I don't really understand what mah sky bridge has to do with jazcash being robbed...? what's weird about it?
Last edited by Cheesecan on 12 Jan 2011, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.
smoth

Post by smoth »

just build houses connected by water ways with long canals :P I fish in my boat :). Just got through running lava buckets to help a friend build his castle.

Anyway, fair warning I believe there is an update coming thursday-ish. so yeah.
notch's blog wrote:The Minecraft update is coming on Thursday. ThereÔÇÖs even a user story about that on the kanban board (anything that doesnÔÇÖt get added before that wonÔÇÖt make it into the release).
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

You don't understand, my house is super far away, building a canal wasn't even feasible. It just seems unfair to ones of us who built a lot of stuff that it gets reset because jazcash had his stuff stolen. Me and otherside dug a huge mine and now everyone is welcome to use it..
smoth

Post by smoth »

who the fuck stole from jaz? fucking ban him!
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

I have no idea. Jaz came online while I was on and basically said he's quitting Minecraft now because his stuff was stolen.

But the reasons given for this reset are quite strange
a) what is wrong with my sky bridge? Zydox was aware I was building it. and b) jaz got his stuff stolen,but why punish everyone for that? others had worse things happen to them, for instance 1v0ry_k1ng's house burnt down twice.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”