League of Legends - Page 6

League of Legends

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Otherside

Re: League of Legends

Post by Otherside »

TheMightyOne wrote:What you say holds truth only partly. I'm pretty sure they do have all the champs unlocked. Coz its not as difficult to do as you think, even more so if you're willing to spend money. On the other hand you don't really need all the champions. You just get few champs of different sorts. Ashe for example, one of the best ranged carries in the game. She costs 450ip, you get 250ip for the first win of the day and slightly above 100 for every win (63 or something for a loss). Three games to buy one of the best carries in the game. This is not really grinding to me. Besides the weekly free champions are set up in such way that even teams which don't own a single champion can form a decent combination with the free champs. Thats the whole idea. :)
that is all fine for casual games.

But for a game to be competitive everyone has to be in a totally even playing field i.e all runes unlocked level 30 and all champs. If it is anything other than this it is not balanced/fair.

For 30 dollars you can get HoN and for like 20 dollars you can get wc3/tft and play Dota.

LoL will never be competitive so there is no point in arguing it.

Casual fun ye sure why not.
smoth

Post by smoth »

hon sucked
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

smoth wrote:hon sucked
without any reasoning.

Game too hard for you. Or let me guess you haven't tried it.

I expected more from you smoth.
pintle

Post by pintle »

Tbfh competitive HoN and Dota are both a joke in my eyes.

Proper competitive gaming is limited to a very few, generally old titles (CS and SC for eg) and is really fundamentally underdeveloped when you compare any "legitimate" sport. I don't think any game's merit can be assessed on the strength of the competitive community unless it has a REALLY strong one, which is not the case for 99.9% of games

I've been frustrated that LoL matchmaking puts me and my (lvl 30) mates in a match up against people way beyond my level, with double the masteries and some efficient runes. I can't even buy t3 runes yet, so going against _the_same_ character with multiple buffs that I don't have access to just makes me not want to play.

Afaics the XP/IP system is purely there for incremental reward/addiction factor, adds nothing great to the game, and has hampered my enjoyment significantly.

Still a great and hilarious free game tho, and if I get too frustrated I can always solo queue and pwn nubs.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

competitive dota had a bigger following than competitive SC (outside of korea)

Maybe not the case now with sc2.

But the competitive dota scene is not a joke.
Gota

Post by Gota »

pintle wrote:Tbfh competitive HoN and Dota are both a joke in my eyes.

Proper competitive gaming is limited to a very few, generally old titles (CS and SC for eg) and is really fundamentally underdeveloped when you compare any "legitimate" sport. I don't think any game's merit can be assessed on the strength of the competitive community unless it has a REALLY strong one, which is not the case for 99.9% of games

I've been frustrated that LoL matchmaking puts me and my (lvl 30) mates in a match up against people way beyond my level, with double the masteries and some efficient runes. I can't even buy t3 runes yet, so going against _the_same_ character with multiple buffs that I don't have access to just makes me not want to play.

Afaics the XP/IP system is purely there for incremental reward/addiction factor, adds nothing great to the game, and has hampered my enjoyment significantly.

Still a great and hilarious free game tho, and if I get too frustrated I can always solo queue and pwn nubs.
How long have you been playing ?
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

AFAIK if you team queue in normal with a friend who is level 30 they will put u against people at the level of the highest player.

If you solo queue you don't have that issue.

Your friends are pwning you.
pintle

Post by pintle »

Its a "balanced" mix from everybody in the team as far as I can see. There is generally one dude around my level in game, everyone else ~30. I've been playing about a week.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

meh.

With HoN 2.0 coming out today I will probably quit LoL altogether. If the new HoN matchmaking works as intended.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

I dont find HoN all that much fun.. am I doing it wrong?
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:I dont find HoN all that much fun.. am I doing it wrong?
HoN isn't fun at first at low level and with noobs. The fun grows greatly once you learn the game and stop playing with noobs.

Its less forgiving than LoL so the learning curve is a bit steeper. Though they have added casual mode now for the luls.
Gota

Post by Gota »

I thought it was awesome but i was too noob.
If i had the time or could be arsed to learn a new game to a high level than Hon would be a good choice together with Starcraft 2.
Also i remember playing in the beta and there were tons of unbalances there.
Almost every new patch something was off like the magma hero that was added when i was playing and was just raping everything and everyone.
I assume the balance is better now but cba spending months learning it till i become decent to play with top levels.

With tens of very different heroes it was a very fun game to explore.
The spring group that was playing it back than also sort of ruined the experience for me.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

Gota wrote:I thought it was awesome but i was too noob.
If i had the time or could be arsed to learn a new game to a high level than Hon would be a good choice together with Starcraft 2.
Also i remember playing in the beta and there were tons of unbalances there.
Almost every new patch something was off like the magma hero that was added when i was playing and was just raping everything and everyone.
I assume the balance is better now but cba spending months learning it till i become decent to play with top levels.

With tens of very different heroes it was a very fun game to explore.
The spring group that was playing it back than also sort of ruined the experience for me.
Ye when magmus was added and they bugged his stats so he had 10 armour 80 damage at level 1 and he could stun/ulti without reply..... bad times.

HoN is much more balanced now and with more content.

U played with day and slek ?? I used to see them play alot.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

is there a pudge equivalent in HoN? pretty much all I ever did in dota was get pudge leveled then troll around with the lvl3 meathook powar
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:is there a pudge equivalent in HoN? pretty much all I ever did in dota was get pudge leveled then troll around with the lvl3 meathook powar
you will love devourer in HoN then. He was buffed because he sucked a bit in dota, so he has level 3 hook range at level 1. Hes top tier in hon atm.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Otherside wrote:
1v0ry_k1ng wrote:is there a pudge equivalent in HoN? pretty much all I ever did in dota was get pudge leveled then troll around with the lvl3 meathook powar
you will love devourer in HoN then. He was buffed because he sucked a bit in dota, so he has level 3 hook range at level 1. Hes top tier in hon atm.
Was one of my favs even when he sucked.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

Gota wrote:
Otherside wrote:
Was one of my favs even when he sucked.
yeah, pudge left a lot of leeway for creativity and skill to improve performance, but he also sucked massive
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/ New Hon 2.0 Trailer.

Patch release imminent
Regret

Post by Regret »

Otherside wrote:http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/ New Hon 2.0 Trailer.

Patch release imminent
I don't understand what they are advertising in that trailer.

Somebody is doing it wrong.
smoth

Post by smoth »

OH WUT!
Attachments
Untitled-2.png
Untitled-2.png (119.44 KiB) Viewed 2113 times

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”