League of Legends - Page 4

League of Legends

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Otherside

Re: League of Legends

Post by Otherside »

Jungle isn't very viable in terms of effectiveness from level 1 untill your summoner level 30.

It is very mastery and rune dependant
Last edited by Otherside on 10 Dec 2010, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
pintle

Post by pintle »

Last night we beat a premade 5v5 with our awesome super mega pro team of 2 junglers (Udyr (me) and a mate as Warwick).

I honestly think until you start facing lvl 30 summoners with a good grasp of the game, the back-end stats make very little difference compared to the greivous errors you opponents can make :D

Ima roll Udyr without lvl 30 masteries cos I want to learn to jungle before I am expected to know how to.
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

Otherside wrote:Jungle isn't very viable in terms of effectiveness from level untill level 30.

It is very mastery and rune dependant
Warwick is prolly the only champ that doesn't need runes/mastiers/smite (!!!) to be able to jungle. I'm not saying that its gonna be very effective but you can pull it off. Some champs are able to jungle with no/few runes some won't be able to. A friend of mine jungles with anything... I mean he jungled with Karhtus and came as LvL 6 to gank mid when I was still lvl5 as solo. Hilarious :) but impossible to pull of without runes etc.
DavetheBrave

Post by DavetheBrave »

It's true that you'd be better off jungling with Warwick/Fiddlesticks/Nunu at level 11. It's always better to have smite when jungling.

However, the best way for you to jungle with Udyr, pintle, is to start at blue have the three in top and bottom hit the big golem one or two times, and then run away before they get any of your exp. When jungling, you want to always try to kill the biggest targets first(as udyr, the smaller ones will just die to your AOE anyways).

You could also do little golems(top lane on purple side/bot lane on blue side) ->wraiths-> wolves(you should be able to stay alive just doing these 3), recall, then do blue -> red.

Double Jungling at low levels where you don't have enemy junglers to worry about is also probably a really good strategy, as long as you have 3 teammates that can solo.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

i bought alistar. pretty fun
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

KaiserJ wrote:i bought alistar. pretty fun
unfortunately he is considered more or less useless atm :-( used to be best tank in the game once...
smoth

Post by smoth »

one day when I have time I am going to play this game. I picked it up a year or so ago and still have not installed it and redeemed my little card thing.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

its probably just the nabs im playing against;

had a lot of success using that special spell to slow, and then getting behind the enemies and headbutting them back up into my lane... pretty much the only kills i got with him

also im assuming a lot of my success comes from the nabs not having seen him ingame before, and thusly not being familiar with his abilities

what is the best tank currently then? i'll buy that one next :>

edit: im still thinking mordekaiser
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

The concept of having to level up or buy stuff outside single games seems really shitty to me
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

Johannes wrote:The concept of having to level up or buy stuff outside single games seems really shitty to me
It is. It uses the korean MMO style of micro transaction and grinding.

HoN is superior just waiting for HoN 2.0 patch on Monday.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

i like the idea of paying for new characters, but the rune thing seems fairly weak
Gota

Post by Gota »

Johannes wrote:The concept of having to level up=shitty
I concur.
If i could be arsed to spend the time learning how to properly play any of these games I think I'd prefer to pay a few $ to be able to have instant fun with any character and ability as oppose to having to spend months grinding to be able to use all the game has to offer.
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

KaiserJ wrote:its probably just the nabs im playing against;

had a lot of success using that special spell to slow, and then getting behind the enemies and headbutting them back up into my lane... pretty much the only kills i got with him

also im assuming a lot of my success comes from the nabs not having seen him ingame before, and thusly not being familiar with his abilities

what is the best tank currently then? i'll buy that one next :>

edit: im still thinking mordekaiser
It depens on what kind of tanking you wanna do. Shen is great. He is a life savior, AoE taunt and a global ultimate to shield an ally and teleport to help. Galio and Amumu are good coz of their AoE snares/taunts which can catch a five man team for several seconds giving your allies the possiblity to beat the crap out of them meanwhile. Then there are guys like Garen, Malphite and Gragas who bring damage to the table and some decent debuffs for the enemy team. It really depends on the enemy team there is prolly no tank that could be THE PICK for every game.
smoth

Post by smoth »

got bored of doing gundam work. Installed playing as
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

it's been a long time since I've played. By far my favorite time with the game was as Blitzcrank though. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the characters that are just evil to play against. There are few things more satisfying than dragging someone unsuspecting into the bushes and raping them just as they were getting ready group up for an important big attack. Still, he rely's heavily on opponents making positional mistakes, so I see why high ELO players decry him. It's better to play as someone who forces the opponent to make a mistake than who waits for the opponent to make a mistake.
Wartender
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by Wartender »

blitz ftw <3
smoth

Post by smoth »

but doesn't this LOOK LIKE A SMOTH
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

smoth wrote:Image
but doesn't this LOOK LIKE A SMOTH
you bought riot points O_o
smoth

Post by smoth »

I have enough money for riot points yes.

I bought GISH(this game was brilliant fuck you)
I bought PURE(come on, it was only the cost of a pizza)
I bought minecraft(NOTCH IS A BRO)

I believe if you like a game, support the developers, hell if the developers worked hard you should at least give it a try.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

I bought minecraft.

I wouldn't pay for league of legends. Riot are a big joke when it comes to development. The League of Legends dev team is huge and keeps expanding but they have yet to keep any of their promises and can't even provide basic functionality (proper spectator mode/replays etc etc)

Also watch their Developer shoutcast match Ionia vs Noxus which they hyped up for over a week only for it to be the most fail thing on the internet.

you need to pay 200+ dollars and grind hardcore in league of legends to have all the content.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”