League of Legends - Page 8

League of Legends

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

TheMightyOne

Re: League of Legends

Post by TheMightyOne »

triton wrote:Come play with me!!! Teamplay is great and fun here. Id like to organize some 5vs5 games with only Spring players PM me if you're interested :)
I am lvl 11 on Us server and lvl 30 on Eu server, mostly cause I have better ping in eu.
nickname? triton on EU is lvl1 >_>
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

TheMightyOne wrote:
triton wrote:Come play with me!!! Teamplay is great and fun here. Id like to organize some 5vs5 games with only Spring players PM me if you're interested :)
I am lvl 11 on Us server and lvl 30 on Eu server, mostly cause I have better ping in eu.
nickname? triton on EU is lvl1 >_>
triton13
pintle

Post by pintle »

Triton and TMO come on mumble more, there are quite a few of us playing in the RoX channel most of the time.

Does anybody play tanks much? Most of the ppl I premade with dont play tank/suck as tank.
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

omg didnt know there was this thread! if any1 wants a game add sucky_lord!

favourite char? obviously fiddlesticks :D

And triton ill add you, i'd love to do a 5v5 with spring players, have a team i can actually rely on rather than the newbs you get in the non-ranked games. Im only lvl 12 but have the natural intuition it takes to play spring :P If we have a udyr we can play him jungle and ill take enemy jungle, leaving 3 lanes solo for fast leveling (i like to do this strat with my friends when we play)
Last edited by Sucky_Lord on 16 Feb 2011, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

I played mostly/tank support.

Though I have sort of quit LoL since HoN added its new matchmaking system, no reason to play LoL anymore :p
pintle

Post by pintle »

Otherside wrote:I played mostly/tank support.

Though I have sort of quit LoL since HoN added its new matchmaking system, no reason to play LoL anymore :p
Lol is free and way way less hardcore/unforgiving than HoN.
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

pintle wrote:Triton and TMO come on mumble more, there are quite a few of us playing in the RoX channel most of the time.

Does anybody play tanks much? Most of the ppl I premade with dont play tank/suck as tank.
skype ftw >_>
Gota

Post by Gota »

People of spring are so cheap...Heroes of Newerth is way better!!
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

Gota wrote:People of spring are so cheap...Heroes of Newerth is way better!!
Thats like sayin Starcraft is better than Total Annihilation.
Gota

Post by Gota »

HA? not...Total annihilation was a commercial game that cost money and was appropriately awesome.
Any comparison is irrelevant anyway.
I was talking about the fact that Newerth is better and it costs money so people rather play an inferior product cause its free(League of Legeneds) than just pay a few for a much better thing(you play it for days and days just shell out 20 bucks and play newerth...).

Id buy newerth if a few people from spring did and played it...

Just Grinding through LOL like an idiot and than playing with its inferior mechanics is too much...Id rather pay the 20 bucks and play the better product with the better gameplay and does not require you to grind like a zombie.
pintle

Post by pintle »

You imply that LoL is not a commercial product and that it is inherently inferior.

One is false, the latter is entirely subjective analysis. Why pay money for something that is extremely similar, only less like a game and more like a (rofl) competitive enterprise/e-peen contest?

One game I have several friends playing regularly on voice chat, the other I know nobody regularly playing.

I would argue that by virtue of being THE SAME GAME and being free LoL shits on Newerth from great heights.

Its not grinding either mate, you play the same game lvl 1 or lvl 30, the only appreciable influence of the levelling system is when an inexperienced player joins a group of lvl 30 or whatever. Matchmaking means that all the "grind" emodies is an escalating level of customization which, pre-made team permitting, is balanced between all parties involved.

I am yet to see evidence of basic exhibiting enough skill in the genre to appreciate the marginal difference between the two titles
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

Gota wrote: Any comparison is irrelevant anyway.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

heroes in LoL are shallow and are more based on their item builds which are usually set in stone rather than their actual abilities.

It comes down to.

AD carry
AP carry
support
Tank
Jungler

some heroes fill multiple roles but the picking is pretty much pick the most OP of each category and farm a shit ton. you can vary the lineup a bit and take 2 supports or a tanky support etc or your jungler can be your ad (warwick)

At the end of the day you don't end up picking a hero for his skillset. most AD carries are samey so are most AP carries no champion has a real feel.

Its imo something lacking in LoL and tbh I think the mechanics of the game itself are to blame rather the champions. Rune build/mastery build/summoner spells/items are more important than the actual hero as long as they fill the role they are required to do (aslong as its not a sucky trash tier hero)

LoL is fun and stuff at a casual level. But tbh so is HoN and apart from that HoN can be enjoyed competitvely.
Gota

Post by Gota »

pintle wrote:stuff
RAWRRRRRRR
Regret

Post by Regret »

Gota wrote:I was talking about the fact that Newerth is better and it costs money so people rather play an inferior product cause its free(League of Legeneds) than just pay a few for a much better thing(you play it for days and days just shell out 20 bucks and play newerth...).

You don't even own HoN yet claim it's superior?

Ran through your posts in this thread. Why attempt so hard to promote something in a thread about it's competitor when you don't even own/play it?

How long is your actual experience with either HoN or LoL?

Otherside wrote:on their item builds which are usually set in stone
You are seriously inexperienced if your builds are set in stone. You need to adapt to your/enemy team composition/item choices which differ from game to game, else you're going to get countered hard.
Otherside wrote:most AD carries are samey so are most AP carries no champion has a real feel.
Again, I think you don't understand the game mechanics of various champions.

What's your US/EU profile and normal game Win/Lose count?

Mine is on US, nickname: debilina
Gota

Post by Gota »

I played Hon a lot and liked it.I played LOL a few minutes.
Regret

Post by Regret »

Gota wrote:I played Hon a lot and liked it.I played LOL a few minutes.
So just the times it was free? Ok.
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

Regret wrote:
Gota wrote:I was talking about the fact that Newerth is better and it costs money so people rather play an inferior product cause its free(League of Legeneds) than just pay a few for a much better thing(you play it for days and days just shell out 20 bucks and play newerth...).

You don't even own HoN yet claim it's superior?

Ran through your posts in this thread. Why attempt so hard to promote something in a thread about it's competitor when you don't even own/play it?

How long is your actual experience with either HoN or LoL?

Otherside wrote:on their item builds which are usually set in stone
You are seriously inexperienced if your builds are set in stone. You need to adapt to your/enemy team composition/item choices which differ from game to game, else you're going to get countered hard.
Otherside wrote:most AD carries are samey so are most AP carries no champion has a real feel.
Again, I think you don't understand the game mechanics of various champions.

What's your US/EU profile and normal game Win/Lose count?

Mine is on US, nickname: debilina
This.

EDIT: This thread should contain discussions about LoL not which MOBA is better. Let's keep it this way. On that note I'm quite experienced in LoL so ask me anything you want to know about mechanics, certain champions. :)
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

LoL is basically this.

if AD. Stack dorans blade early go quick infinity edge get a banshees get more damage.

if AP. depending if your mana dependant or not get tear/archangel, get zonyas hat Banshees if needed.

if tank get more armour/magic res depending on enemy composition. Get Banshees.

if support spam ward if you have cash for anything get survivability.

Copy paste pretty much all heroes apply to these rules. Flash/Ghost on every1, clarity for a support.

my elo is at 1700 atm.
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Otherside wrote:no champion has a real feel.
You clearly havent played fiddlesticks. he is undoubtedly the best carry, ive taken all 5 enemy team members in 1 crowstorm on more than one occasion :D

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”