Graphics tablets - Page 2

Graphics tablets

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

AF
AI Developer

Re: Graphics tablets

Post by AF »

High precision work? hmmm, what do you do caydr? Last i heard you were in a bar or was it cleaning? =s meh
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

A precision machine shop. Precise, like, our products are expected to be accurate to within one thousandth of an inch or less. I work in inspection, laser engraving, deburring, etc... they also get me to work on various other stuff that needs to be done "right" not "quickly".

I don't work in a bar nor am I a janitor, AF. I do sometimes help out our cleaning lady at work though because she's an old woman, maybe that's where the confusion came from.

Regarding tablets again, I just found this program called ArtRage. It's got a free version, anyone who has a tablet absolutely must try it, it's incredible. I'm not a proper artist or anything but this thing, in my estimation, perfectly replicates real-world art creation. It's pressure-sensitive, lets you use the eraser, etc... really really impressive program.
Aeon_Illuminate

Post by Aeon_Illuminate »

Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Sexy. But tell me this: does it get hard to see what you're writing because the fat stylus is in the way?

I find that even with this tablet, which has a writing surface which seems to try to emulate paper, it's hard to write the same way I would on actual paper. There's not enough friction. How does it work on a display like yours? Isn't it glass? That much be weird.
Aeon_Illuminate

Post by Aeon_Illuminate »

Stylus tip(not the pen) is fat indeed, but smooth on the screen. I like it and prefer when I am writing, but not when doing photoshop because there is not enough friction and can slip easily. I still use mouse to do photoshop because of it. I think the surface of the screen is made out of clear plastic for LCD. So I put a clear plastic cover on the screen to prevent scratches that are left by the stylus. You can't see them well, but it does leave some over time.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Holy crap... I officially love my Intuos Tablet and ArtRage more than my family.

For warmup I made a crappy AA logo.

Then I found the pencil tool.

Source:

It's like paper with an undo button. I really recommend getting one of these to anyone that has an artistic inclination.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”