Springie the AutoHost - Page 2

Springie the AutoHost

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I like the antispam wait, it seems proper. I'm sorry I couldn't stick by to test the actual hosting.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

could I maybe get a beta?

I'd love to throw up an EE & gundam autohost for when I'm not home.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Yeah sure, I will release it once I return from work. I need to do couple of tests first and also add one more spring hack (registry change when starting hosting spring to automatically disable unneeded stuff for hosting spring)
terrak

Post by terrak »

Hi

I have try your Springie, but the version 0.74 and now my account is disable for spam :(

So can any Admin re-enable my account

Thanks

PS : I have take a look at your source : it nice but there are no many comments :(
LBPB

Post by LBPB »

terrak wrote: I have try your Springie, but the version 0.74 and now my account is disable for spam :(
:shock: lol :lol:

I ve used it since the last few day and never had any problems with... :wink:

:arrow: I really like springie. Thx you licho for releasing it
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Yeah, pls don't run springie 0.74b, it has bug that is increasing traffic a bit and if people spam too much (!listmaps , !balance and such) you will get banned.
If you get banned contact Betalord or LordMatt ..
Once you get banned because of listmaps or balance, springie spams even more because it's hammering lobby to connect back in, so you will get multiple ban entries for your IP and admins have a lot of work removing them all.

Unfortunatelly current limit is 20k per 10 seconds. And if people spam this commands too much it easilly exceeds this .. That's why 0.75 has command throttling (20s for listmaps by default).

I will add code comments later. It's still in the state of flux (I'm dropping whole parts and rewriting them on demand)
Last edited by Licho on 09 Nov 2006, 16:15, edited 2 times in total.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

There's no problem with playing games in a springie server, the problem is with actually running the springie software from your PC, since it gets itself banned sometimes.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Springie is now at version 0.77b

- it now changes spring registry settings, so that hosting window is always 2x2 and is soon minimised. Registry settings are changed back instantly. As a result you can host and play from same PC and hosting game will be windowed 2x2 pixels (minimized) while your game will have your settings.
Current spring version contains bug and if your hosting spring still eats 100% cpu, restore it and then minimize again. (Springies tries to do the same, but sometimes with no success).

- springie now contains basic setup (will ask you for spring path and for lobby account if it's incorrect in your xml setup files)

- springie now contains some very elementary GUI - it allows chatting

- it always minimizes to tray. Tray icon reflects springie state (ok, error, game in progress)

Some icons are currently needed..
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Licho wrote:- springie now contains some very elementary GUI - it allows chatting
This is annoying, don't do it -moderator
er, it was commenting on the springie bug that made it chat like that ;)
Last edited by Peet on 10 Nov 2006, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

not this one anymore ;-)
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

I had to disable auto host window minimizing - it was sometimes causing negative countdown.. Must wait for next spring release with fixed minimizing..
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

The balance feature seems a little fudgy... I asked springie to balance a 3v4 and it put all the low rank players in the 3 team and all the high rank players on the 4 team.

Also, springy should have a command to enforce a balance set it's made, possibly on by default. If you join a game with a human host and don't respect their team forces they will just ban you from the game without a second through, springie doesn't make any such effort, and you have to vote ban someone which takes alot of work and explaining to the other players. Additionally springie works so fast that it's hard to humanly register all the changes it's made before someone starts changing their stats that were just forced by springie seconds ago.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Hmm balance buggy? I changed algorithm from scanning all possible combinations to more advanced one. If you can tell me what were the ranks of people I can simulate that..What was the final ally rank balance?

Also you can try multiple !balance again because every returns another random optimal combination.

How should ally locking work? Who will be able to lock/unlock ally?

Right now, you can change your ally after you were !balance assigned but
if there are uneven teams (in respect of number of players) springie will refuse to start anyway, so there is at least this backup.
Argh

Post by Argh »

I tried it out this evening, and it just crashes every time I try to use it. I've changed the settings to point to the correct directory for Spring, etc., etc., but it doesn't seem to want to run :(
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

The latest version? What is your OS? What does it say when it crashes?
Nexor tried it too and it worked on his pc as it works on 2 of mine.
Are you running it under administrator or restricted user? Does it crash on startup?
(On startup it should ask you to pick where your spring.exe is, if it cannot find it. Then it will ask spring for maps and mods and then start connecting to server (and ask you for login/password if it's incorrect))
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Oh dont forget you need .net framework 2.0
Argh

Post by Argh »

It's probably the lack of .NET 2.0. I'll d/l it and check.
Argh

Post by Argh »

Nope, I have .Net 2.0+. Using the latest version of Windows XP, all service packs, etc. I have Administrator rights.
Argh

Post by Argh »

And it crashes just after putting in the username/password.

I don't have AA installed, btw- if it's assuming that, then maybe it's crashing because of that.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Links on first post are broken...

Return to “General Discussion”